Boards so slow

mii

This a.m. I decided to time how long it took me to get in here to post this thread. From the time that I hit the Princess site, then waited to post this thread and now that I am typing this thread it would be have been 4 minutes. Now when I hit "submit reply" it will hopefully go through rather than get the dreaded white screen.

Can CC let us know what is happening. Inquiring minds want to know.

marilyn

The boards were slow about this time last year - it was mentioned that it was partly due to the sheer volume of use this time of year. For most of the country the weather is pretty yucky in January/February and people are getting "cabin fever" - and planning cruises!!

I just look at this as a good time to work on cleaning up (or at least finding:D ) my usually paper-covered desk. Point, click, file, point click, organize....

Happy sailing to all!

For a while today, I kept getting "code" instead of the text on the screen. For instance, asterisks and greater-than and less-than symbols were substituted for text characters. I refreshed several times and tried to access the boards two different ways but the symbols were there. Really weird.

It's been this way since Sunday... Driving me crazy too....:cool: Last night, I'd click for the boards then go make dinner... Come back when the white board appeared, then finished dinner..... Then this morning, Open the boards, take a nap, open the boards again, make some breakfast... you get the idea... Multitasking is in....lol.... Last time it was a messed up server. Hope that's not the case this time....

I had a brick in my hand ready to do serious damage to my new computer when I ran across this thread. I am so glad to hear that I didn't waste money buying a dud computer. Ahhhh, suddenly I have more patience. Joining this board didn't cost me a cent and I've received thousands of $ worth of great advice, what a great deal! So, it will be "multitasking" for me and less grumbling from now on.

For a while today, I kept getting "code" instead of the text on the screen. For instance, asterisks and greater-than and less-than symbols were substituted for text characters. I refreshed several times and tried to access the boards two different ways but the symbols were there. Really weird.

Hi Pam:D

I had the same thing happen to me!

Captains log,

We have discover an ancient computer on the planet Earth in working condition. What it so fascinating is that it is from the 21st Century! We discovered it's enduring functionality when the Cruise Critc Bullentin Board updated right before our eyes! Our science officer was consulted as Greogorian time was referenced. To our amazement, the post submittal time was Januray 23, 2006! Imagine our awe when our science officer announced that today would be August 28, 2475 in the Gregorian calendar. Our helsman then quipped, "I wonder if that is running Windows software?":rolleyes:

All I can say is thank goodness for this thread. I thought it was my computer. I spent a good deal of time doing a cookie wash , defrag and scan disk on my computer and it still didn't get on the boards. So when I saw this thread I thought , THANK YOU.

Cori

I find thay the CC Board runs very fast after 1030 in the evening Pacific Coast Time :D

Also at 4:00 a.m. PST. Yes, I am an early bird but it sure is nice to scan an scroll all around this board.

Marilyn

One thing I did that made things a bit faster was to turn OFF viewing of signatures, bible verses and avatars. You can do this under User CP --'edit profile'.

great advice..thanks. That has helped with the speed, and it makes viewing a whole lot easier, particularly when the signatures and bible verses take up 20 times the screen space as the message itself!

This is the first time today I have been able to get on. The situation is getting very frustrating and I probably will have to wait until late tonight to get back on again. Just don't have the time it takes to do this. Wish they would get this fixed.:confused: Don't even know if this will post, but I will try.

Archived