Quebec City disembarkation

Wilm girl

Sailing on Caribbean Princess September 4, 2019 from New York to Quebec City. The cruise ends with an overnight in Quebec.  Trying to book flight home but having trouble finding out how early we can disembark.  Would appreciate any information anyone might have.  Thank you.

According to the Princess website, you should be able to disembark after 7 AM, after staying overnight in Quebec City. Are you flying out of Quebec City airport or Montreal airport? If you need to get to Montreal, allow extra time (takes a little over 3 hours travel by train from Quebec City to Montreal), before booking flight.

Answer is in the Princess FAQs under 'Flight Guidelines for Non Princess Flight Guests"

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel.jsp

Quebec City

Disembarking Passengers
For voyages that overnight in Quebec City and arrive on day one at 7:00 am, the earliest flight departure on day two is 8:00 am, however the preferred earliest flight departure is 10:00 am.

Princess does offer disembarkation day tours for flights from YQB after 3 PM or flights from YUL after 6 PM

https://www.princess.com/excursion/exlistfordestination.do?t=N&exType=S&portid=YQB

• Thanks 1

Your cruise itinerary indicates the arrival time into each port.  Passengers begin disembarking very shortly thereafter - under normal circumstances (last three words are key).  You can request early walk-off if you can manage all your own luggage; otherwise request regular early departure.

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

Your cruise itinerary indicates the arrival time into each port.  Passengers begin disembarking very shortly thereafter - under normal circumstances (last three words are key).  You can request early walk-off if you can manage all your own luggage; otherwise request regular early departure.

This is not the OP's issue. They arrive in port the day before they disembark the ship, and stay on board overnight. It's not like most ports where you arrive and then disembark. Post #3 explains the situation correctly.

39 minutes ago, skynight said:

This is not the OP's issue. They arrive in port the day before they disembark the ship, and stay on board overnight. It's not like most ports where you arrive and then disembark. Post #3 explains the situation correctly.

Yes, I understood that.  I was not sure if they were looking to leave the day before.  I think if a ship is in port like this you could leave anytime, no?

I can't remember how early we walked off on the second day in Quebec City, but it was very early. We had a train at 7:45 am and because my wife was having mobility issues we left very early. On our way to the meeting spot we noticed that the gangway was open.  There was no one there but Princess staff.  We asked if we could leave right away and they said yes. We ended up with a very long wait at the train station.

• 2 months later...
On 4/25/2019 at 8:52 PM, Stelladoro said:

According to the Princess website, you should be able to disembark after 7 AM, after staying overnight in Quebec City. Are you flying out of Quebec City airport or Montreal airport? If you need to get to Montreal, allow extra time (takes a little over 3 hours travel by train from Quebec City to Montreal), before booking flight.

We are booked for the Quebec-New York and return in October.  We are taking the train to Quebec. Do you know if there is some sort of transit service from the station to the ship?  Plus we will be arriving at the dock near 9:00 pm but have never boarded a ship so late.  Any thoughts as to how one does that.  And finally we wish to disembark upon arrival in Quebec.  Any problems?

28 minutes ago, ONT-CA said:

We are booked for the Quebec-New York and return in October.  We are taking the train to Quebec. Do you know if there is some sort of transit service from the station to the ship?  Plus we will be arriving at the dock near 9:00 pm but have never boarded a ship so late.  Any thoughts as to how one does that.  And finally we wish to disembark upon arrival in Quebec.  Any problems?

• I believe a taxi will be the best method from train station to pier
  • As long as the gangway is open you can board. Check-in procedures would be done at the purser's desk. Only issue arriving that late is not having someone to help with your luggage
  • If you are saying you wish to disembark as soon as the ship docks in Quebec and not spend the final night onboard, this is usually something you need advance permission from the corporate office to do. In this case it should be no issue getting the OK as this is not the first Canadian port thus no immigration formalities will be necessary. But again there likely will be no one to assist with your bags.

29 minutes ago, fishywood said:
  • I believe a taxi will be the best method from train station to pier
  • As long as the gangway is open you can board. Check-in procedures would be done at the purser's desk. Only issue arriving that late is not having someone to help with your luggage
  • If you are saying you wish to disembark as soon as the ship docks in Quebec and not spend the final night onboard, this is usually something you need advance permission from the corporate office to do. In this case it should be no issue getting the OK as this is not the first Canadian port thus no immigration formalities will be necessary. But again there likely will be no one to assist with your bags.

Thank you Fishywood for these helpful details.  My bad, we do disembark on the second day so all is well there.  But it's the arrival. Two of us with baggage for 20 days plus a wheelchair.  We wonder at how close a cab can get us to the gangway at that time.  If we have to shuttle everything to our cabin so be it but surely there might be a helping hand we can reward in assisting us.  This is our first cruise embarking out of Quebec and as a matter of fact, if somewhat embarrassing, first out of any Canadian port   

On 4/25/2019 at 6:51 PM, Wilm girl said:

Sailing on Caribbean Princess September 4, 2019 from New York to Quebec City. The cruise ends with an overnight in Quebec.  Trying to book flight home but having trouble finding out how early we can disembark.  Would appreciate any information anyone might have.  Thank you.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2558636-september-4-2019-caribbean-princess-classic-canada-amp-new-england-roll-call/

We will be cruising with you. Here is a  link to the roll call board if you are interested. 

• 2 years later...
On 4/26/2019 at 10:45 AM, Steelers36 said:

Yes, I understood that.  I was not sure if they were looking to leave the day before.  I think if a ship is in port like this you could leave anytime, no?

Bumping this old thread to ask the following question:

What procedure will I need to follow in order to disembark on day-1 for an overnight stay in Quebec at the end of Princess’ New York to Quebec City oneway cruise? Thanks

4 minutes ago, lax2010 said:

Bumping this old thread to ask the following question:

What procedure will I need to follow in order to disembark on day-1 for an overnight stay in Quebec at the end of Princess’ New York to Quebec City oneway cruise? Thanks

Start by contacting Princess and tell them you are requesting a diversion from the itinerary - just leave ship a day early in same port as cruise ends.  They will tell you you need to write a request - not sure the email address anymore.  Your case is pretty routine.  They do give the ship a heads-up, but you might want to drop by Pursor's desk to check with them that they really do know about it.  I personally have been as far as getting the approval for a mid-voyage diversion to re-join ship later, but that voyage never came off (3 guesses why and the first 2 don't count).

On 3/29/2022 at 9:16 PM, Steelers36 said:

Start by contacting Princess and tell them you are requesting a diversion from the itinerary - just leave ship a day early in same port as cruise ends.  They will tell you you need to write a request - not sure the email address anymore.  Your case is pretty routine.  They do give the ship a heads-up, but you might want to drop by Pursor's desk to check with them that they really do know about it.  I personally have been as far as getting the approval for a mid-voyage diversion to re-join ship later, but that voyage never came off (3 guesses why and the first 2 don't count).

Thanks for the pointer!