Anthem Izumi prix-fixe menu

When we booked Izumi on the anthem a while back and  we didn’t get charged as it said it was as ala carte .  I looked at it more recently and it wants to charge 49.99 for prix-fixe menu - only available pre-cruise. 

Anyone have familiarity or an opinion about this difference?  Thanks. 

27EB241F-92C7-4173-8E04-1D2FB9C15F76.png

Edited by cindivan

On 4/26/2019 at 9:46 AM, ShillyShally said:

Agreed, pre-cruise Indy you could only book the prix-fixe but we were able to get a la carte 2 nights without issue!

What did you order there? I didn't see any veggie sushi on their menu last time but it is one of my favorite meals! 

3 hours ago, crcossel said:

What did you order there? I didn't see any veggie sushi on their menu last time but it is one of my favorite meals! 

We've never had a problem asking the chef to go off menu and create veggie sushi 🙂  Orlando was the chef on our cruise and he rocked it!!  Here are some pics of his creations (each plate is 2 orders - hubby and I - on one plate)IMG_8188.thumb.jpg.1f59b772599ce95107b16ff88325bdee.jpgIMG_8110.thumb.jpg.0ca24467b36cb63774eaefbdcc2cd834.jpg

2 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

We've never had a problem asking the chef to go off menu and create veggie sushi 🙂  Orlando was the chef on our cruise and he rocked it!!  Here are some pics of his creations (each plate is 2 orders - hubby and I - on one plate)IMG_8188.thumb.jpg.1f59b772599ce95107b16ff88325bdee.jpgIMG_8110.thumb.jpg.0ca24467b36cb63774eaefbdcc2cd834.jpg

This is AMAZING!  I can't wait to do this!  Yay!  Being a vegan cruiser is often frustrating so this makes me so happy. 

2 hours ago, crcossel said:

This is AMAZING!  I can't wait to do this!  Yay!  Being a vegan cruiser is often frustrating so this makes me so happy. 

Agreed!  We can make do on any ship (I've been vegan since 2008) and sometimes it's a lot better than others!  But we LOVED it on Indy, went back again with 2 omni's who also ordered what we did.  We've always had great luck at island resorts or any sushi bar, in asking the chefs to get creative, and we've always had them excited to be creative!  Also, not sure if you are on Indy, or a ship that has Playmakers, but we were able to get the nachos with just chips, salsa, guac and jalapenos and those were huge but super good!  Indy also has a vegan menu in the MDR though we never made it there this trip!