Dining time conflicts with sailaway

stjlo

We are leaving from Venice June 1st at 5 p.m. for our Rhapsody of the Seas 7 night cruise. I have a balcony and want to be out there to see Venice, take photos and just enjoy the view as we leave. Our dining is the early dining and I'm wondering if this is going to conflict with our sailaway? Can we go to dine slightly later? And how long will we be "sailing away" from Venice?

Thank you.

Don't miss the lovely opportunity to be on deck as you sail away from Venice.

Do My time dining, speciality restaurant.  Usually you can't come in late for

main dining room seating.

1 minute ago, blackshirt said:

Is that even allowed? Will they seat you if you have a traditional dining assignment?

No, you cannot switch between traditional and My Time.

The sail away from Venice is beautiful.  Takes you right along St. Mark's Square...not to be missed. Book a late specialty restaurant if you can't switch from Early Dining.  Or go to the Windjammer.  But it is really beautiful!  Also, I love sitting on our balcony also, but for this you might want to go up to the deck above the pool deck so you can see both sides of the ship.  

9 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

The sail away from Venice is beautiful.  Takes you right along St. Mark's Square...not to be missed. Book a late specialty restaurant if you can't switch from Early Dining.  Or go to the Windjammer.  But it is really beautiful!  Also, I love sitting on our balcony also, but for this you might want to go up to the deck above the pool deck so you can see both sides of the ship.  

Thank you PapaFlamingo! We were lucky enough to get an aft junior suite with the wraparound type balcony, so I think it will be good with no obstructions. I'm so excited!

• Like 1

I've never known early dining in Europe to be any earlier that 6, sometimes even later than that depending on the nationalities onboard. You should have plenty of time to enjoy sailaway and still make dinner.

Enjoy that aft JS, years ago we had one on Splendour when we sailed from Venice, the views out across the lagoon are fabulous.

30 minutes ago, kernow said:

I've never known early dining in Europe to be any earlier that 6, sometimes even later than that depending on the nationalities onboard. You should have plenty of time to enjoy sailaway and still make dinner.

The ship will likely be going by the notable places right at dinner time- it’s about an hour from departure to St Marks Sq. 

When leaving Venice the ship usually has to reverse out and straighten up which usually takes about 30 minutes from there it’s about another 20 to 30 before you reach St Marks Square ( although the whole of the sail away is definitely worth seeing ) and about another 30 minutes before you reach the ocean.

With an early dining time I am pretty sure you will be eating during sail away and would suggest the Windjammer after sail away or a speciality restaurant but wouldn’t book it before 19.00.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:16 AM, stjlo said:

Thank you PapaFlamingo! We were lucky enough to get an aft junior suite with the wraparound type balcony, so I think it will be good with no obstructions. I'm so excited!

Aft balcony!  That will be FANTASTIC!  When we went into Venice, we were on Carnival.  We were up on the deck above the pool deck.  As we sailed in past St. Mark's Square, they had Pavarotti singing on the big screen on the pool deck.  Sailing past St. Marks with Pavarotti singing was simply spectacular!  

Like other posters, I would do alternate dining (specialty restaurant or Windjammer). We sailed out of Venice on an NCL ship in an aft penthouse suite. We sipped champagne on our balcony as we sailed away, that was the most beautiful sailaway we have ever experienced. An incredible memory for us. 

2 hours ago, SciFiGuy1960 said:

Room service?

Enjoy a relaxed dinner on you balcony while watching the sites sail by.

I wondered about room service, but will they have that available on embarkation day?