LIVE from the Breakaway 4/28!!

Loved your review and all the great pictures!

We were on the sailing after you.  Do you know why your disembarkation took so long?  We were at the terminal waiting to board and could see they were holding up people from your cruise from going down the escalators to customs.  If I remember correctly, it was almost 11am and they weren't allowing a long line to go down that escalator to customs.  We talked to a lady on a back to back and she said they held them in the customs area for 3 or 4 hours.  (She was NOT happy about that!)

Our cruise was fine, but I could see differences in the ship since we were last onboard in November.    Was not happy to see they were no longer serving the lunch buffets in Moderno on sea days anymore.  Loved those on prior Breakaway cruises.   

On 5/12/2019 at 10:22 AM, Sand and Seas said:

We were on the sailing after you.  Do you know why your disembarkation took so long?  We were at the terminal waiting to board and could see they were holding up people from your cruise from going down the escalators to customs.  If I remember correctly, it was almost 11am and they weren't allowing a long line to go down that escalator to customs.  We talked to a lady on a back to back and she said they held them in the customs area for 3 or 4 hours.  (She was NOT happy about that!)

Our cruise was fine, but I could see differences in the ship since we were last onboard in November.    Was not happy to see they were no longer serving the lunch buffets in Moderno on sea days anymore.  Loved those on prior Breakaway cruises.   

The gangway was broken for our embarkation day 5/5. We were in the Haven group and didn’t get on until way later that expected. I also was VERY disappointed about not having the Moderno lunch option, was really looking forward to that 😞. Also no country dance night that we usually look forward to. The dailies were VERY different from what I had seen of previous sailings. 

On 5/12/2019 at 11:22 AM, Sand and Seas said:

Getting off the ship was the worst I've ever experienced. They announced some congestion would be slowing us down. No order or calling colors. Everyone just left at the same time.

On 5/4/2019 at 8:17 AM, JamieLogical said:

Are you on the June 2 sailing? That's too funny! I started following this thread because I was interested in sailing the Breakaway in September as an alternative to the Seaside sailing we had booked for September, and we just recently settled on the Escape in June instead.

Yes June 2nd on the Escape!!

loved your review! nice piece of art you won... loved all your pictures... just booked the Breakaway and was a little nervous because you thought it was on the bottom of your cruise list (along with the Epic) but I was on the Epic and loved it so hopefully will love the Breakaway also. Thanks for sharing so many details.... 

• 5 months later...
On 4/29/2019 at 10:33 AM, JamieLogical said:

I am obsessively following your live review, because we are considering the Breakaway in September. Sorry you had such a disappointing experience at O'sheehan's. I was on the Escape a couple of weeks ago and the wings were HUGE, but maybe the two ships have a different supplier since they are sailing out of different ports?

The breakfast buffet in Moderno looks like an excellent alternative to the crowds in the Garden Cafe. Do the also have a mini-buffet set up in Margaritaville in the mornings like in the Escape and Bliss?

This is a really late post, but since I'm now recently retired, I'm catching up on things that I didn't have time to do before.The breakfast buffet in Moderno isn't well-publicized so, although it's a quieter place to have breakfast and you can eat on the waterfront, it also means, since there are less people, that the buffet food isn't being replenished as often. I had pancakes that could double as shot puts and the scrambled eggs were like rubber! My parents had a farm in Ohio and as children we were taught to respect any amount of food and shelter we were given. When the MaitreD (sp?) came to our table and asked how was everything,  I said, " it's good".