quiet place on the Bliss?

Annie007

We've cruised before but never on such a big ship as the Bliss.  After a day or two on a cruise, my introverted husband needs a break from the hustle and bustle of crowds and activities and likes to find a quiet spot to read or write.  Sometimes it's in the ship's library, sometimes in an undiscovered area with comfy chairs.  If you've cruised on the Bliss or one of NCL's  same-sized ships, have you found a tranquil spot you can recommend?  Thanks!

great question! I am similar and need my alone time to decompress from all the crowd. It's one of the reasons we usually book a balcony cabin but I like the library as well. We are going on the bliss next week. I can report back any good spots when the cruise is finished. I have heard there is a hot tub and lounge chairs just opposite of the Vibe and just outside of the Haven private area that is usually quiet. People think they are part of the Haven but apparently not. I plan to check it out.

I'm still 6 days from Bliss, so I'm not sure if my first idea holds, but if the weather doesn't bother you going to the back and up those sun decks tend to be less populated and quiet. The waterfront can also be depending on the time and area. I've also relaxed in the atrium - it's not the quietest but if there's a big break between events there you can find a little corner by yourself. 

For the Bliss, definitely the sides of the Observation Lounge (the far forward area has the bar and a piano where they sometimes do live performances) and the Waterfront. I have never found the Waterfront to be noisy, no mater what time of day, unless maybe you sit very close to the outdoor are of the Cavern Club bar?

Thanks so much for these suggestions!  We'll go looking for these spots during our first few hours on the ship.

*We had read that the Observation Lounge was sometimes filled with people sleeping on the couches, but it sounds like we can probably find spots along the sides.

*We'll check out the Waterfront area, but it might depend on how cold and windy it is -- we're going to Alaska.

*Alisonslp and Simplybecause -- I got online and checked out the deck plans for the Bliss.  You're right that there seem to be hot tubs aft on deck 17, a small sun deck aft on deck 18, and a hot tub/sun deck area between The Vibe and The Haven on deck 19.  If the weather allows, this may be where we'll be.

*And there's always the library... but on the Bliss it appears to be furnished with card tables rather than comfy chairs.

Again, thank you for your suggestions.  Much appreciated!

1 hour ago, perditax said:

The Observation lounge was often PACKED in the late afternoons when I was on Bliss in December. 

Funny. We were on the Bliss in November and January and the place was deserted most of the time. The exception being around lunch the last few days of the cruise when people discovered the lounge and the light lunch that was available there.

On 4/30/2019 at 8:27 AM, JamieLogical said:

For the Bliss, definitely the sides of the Observation Lounge (the far forward area has the bar and a piano where they sometimes do live performances) and the Waterfront. I have never found the Waterfront to be noisy, no mater what time of day, unless maybe you sit very close to the outdoor are of the Cavern Club bar?

Did you get the fun key cards on the Bliss with the ship on it or are they same as the other ships?  We’re traveling on the Bliss next February and I’m hoping to get a great souvenir!

27 minutes ago, Heather0803 said:

Did you get the fun key cards on the Bliss with the ship on it or are they same as the other ships?  We’re traveling on the Bliss next February and I’m hoping to get a great souvenir!

I've never had a key card with anything like that on it.  It's usually the color of your status, with things like your name and muster drill location.  Stickers added for things like drink package.  Nothing fancy at all...although I still collect all mine!

Just off the Bliss for a Pacific Coastal cruise. It was too cold & windy for the Waterfront seating so I never saw anyone out there. Because it was cold & windy the observation lounge was packed. We were there early one morning & it was nice. The rest of the time we could never find seating for the two of us together. And there were kids running through a lot of the time but maybe your cruise won’t have as many kids.

And yes, there were many people sleeping on the couches and in the chairs. I understand if you are relaxing and doze off, but the second time we could find seating a couple came down, took their shoes off, and cuddled up for a nap on the together on the couch behind us. Why not just nap in your room? 

Anyway, for quiet you would need to get there early and like someone else mentioned stay on the sides towards the back as the front gets quite loud. You could also try Spice H2O which is over 18 for the majority of the day, however that can be cold & windy as well so would depend on the weather. 

34 minutes ago, B-Star14 said:

Just off the Bliss for a Pacific Coastal cruise. It was too cold & windy for the Waterfront seating so I never saw anyone out there. Because it was cold & windy the observation lounge was packed. We were there early one morning & it was nice. The rest of the time we could never find seating for the two of us together. And there were kids running through a lot of the time but maybe your cruise won’t have as many kids.

And yes, there were many people sleeping on the couches and in the chairs. I understand if you are relaxing and doze off, but the second time we could find seating a couple came down, took their shoes off, and cuddled up for a nap on the together on the couch behind us. Why not just nap in your room? 

Anyway, for quiet you would need to get there early and like someone else mentioned stay on the sides towards the back as the front gets quite loud. You could also try Spice H2O which is over 18 for the majority of the day, however that can be cold & windy as well so would depend on the weather. 

I was on the Pacific Coastal as well - more kids than I have experienced on a cruise during school time, shouldn't be as many for the Alaska season. Waterfront won't be warm during the Alaska season, wear a coat and the comfy couches are protected from the wind, it's a lovely spot

Depending on the kind of chair/couch you wanted - there is a big (4' ish) round ottoman far AFT of deck 6 - gets used for photos occasionally in the evening, otherwise it's empty