Millie's new AQUA rooms on Deck 10

Gracie115

53 minutes ago, willieg said:

Sounds great. We will be in that cabin in about 3 months. What about the balcony? My friend is concerned about ports to charge all those electronics. What is the new setup? Can't wait to be close to the T-pool, Spa cafe, and pool.  We have eaten in BLU many times, but the last cruise on Infinity is the first time we have had any trouble with it. The place was crowded and loud because of a large group that always ate at a large table in the middle of the room. For the first time we had to wait for a place at dinner. Maybe all those folks came from the suites.

I don’t recall how many plugs/ports, but there were many - incl at desk and at both bedsides. Always had 4 or 5 things charging simultaneously.

The balcony was fine. Standard size with new chairs (that recline a little if you want) and small round table. Nice shade/weather cover from deck above but no large overhang.  All totally adequate.

3 hours ago, stines said:

There is a post somewhere that depicts where the cabins begin to be underneath Cosmos.  But I do not have access to that right now.  I think the graphic is in Jim Ian’s long thread on the newly Revolutionzed Millennium.  It’s really chock full of useful information.  

This is a composite of the Millennium deck 10 and deck 11 plans I made, using the elevator as guide. It may be the image you're referring to in the Revolutionized thread, we had extensive discussions on there regarding these new Aqua cabins.

We will be in 1018 on the Millennium next March and I will be sure to report back in the thread capturing cabin feedback for the Millennium class ships. 

Photo Marker_May012019_164136.jpg

2 hours ago, stines said:

I don’t recall how many plugs/ports, but there were many - incl at desk and at both bedsides. Always had 4 or 5 things charging simultaneously.

The balcony was fine. Standard size with new chairs (that recline a little if you want) and small round table. Nice shade/weather cover from deck above but no large overhang.  All totally adequate.

Good to know about the balcony size. I'd read in one of the threads that these balconies were smaller than other AQ staterooms. I'd been considering moving because of that but now think DH and I will stay put!

Thanks!

This is so distressing.  I have cabins 1004 and 1006 booked for a cruise in just a few weeks on Millennium.  First, why would Celebrity be so stupid as to add cabins in a location where late-night noise is an issue.  I guess this is a case of the almighty dollar being more important than a guests good sleep.  I am not a night owl.  I go on cruises to get sleep.  I live near 30 different bars and night clubs and I go on vacation to get away from this.  Aqua-class is supposed to be the extra peaceful, spa-like experience.  What a joke!  

I need advice.  Assuming that noise is truly an issue, what should I do?  The second cabin is for my parents who are celebrating their fiftieth wedding anniversary.  This is supposed to be a special trip.  It appears that Aqua class is full at this point, so changing cabins now is not possible.  I refuse to allow a stupid decision by Celebrity cruise to lessen my vacation experience.  Who is the best person on the vessel to speak with if this is indeed a problem once on board.

Blu is also sounding like a stressful, crowded, and hectic experience.  Very spa-like; way to go Celebrity!!!!

It really seems that Celebrity is going downhill these days.  I hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

Off to buy the best ear plugs I can find...maybe this should be a new included Aqua-class perk!

16 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Thanks for all the information.  Do you have any pictures of 1020?  We are currently booked into 1010 & friends in 1008, both appear to be just at the edge or beginning of the area under the Sky Lounge, were those rooms that had a noise problem to your knowledge?  

Amazing to me that there are these long wait times in Blu!  Prior to Luminae MANY suite guests ate in Blu for a $5.00 cover charge and there were no wait times, no "buzzers".  What time were you trying to dine?  I wonder if there is something different about service now that is taking guests longer to dine, although we always ate leisurely when we were in Aqua and no waits.  Our last time in Aqua was on Connie after the addition of the deck 11 rooms and again no wait.  I guess it will be what it is, perhaps we will have just to eat later to avoid the waits.  

4 hours ago, seatrial said:

This is so distressing.  I have cabins 1004 and 1006 booked for a cruise in just a few weeks on Millennium.  First, why would Celebrity be so stupid as to add cabins in a location where late-night noise is an issue.  I guess this is a case of the almighty dollar being more important than a guests good sleep.  I am not a night owl.  I go on cruises to get sleep.  I live near 30 different bars and night clubs and I go on vacation to get away from this.  Aqua-class is supposed to be the extra peaceful, spa-like experience.  What a joke!  

I need advice.  Assuming that noise is truly an issue, what should I do?  The second cabin is for my parents who are celebrating their fiftieth wedding anniversary.  This is supposed to be a special trip.  It appears that Aqua class is full at this point, so changing cabins now is not possible.  I refuse to allow a stupid decision by Celebrity cruise to lessen my vacation experience.  Who is the best person on the vessel to speak with if this is indeed a problem once on board.

Blu is also sounding like a stressful, crowded, and hectic experience.  Very spa-like; way to go Celebrity!!!!

It really seems that Celebrity is going downhill these days.  I hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

Off to buy the best ear plugs I can find...maybe this should be a new included Aqua-class perk!

Several people in those forward cabins told me it was more vibration (from the audio equipment) than noise. But still potentially an issue.

The cruise was truly wonderful overall, so try to go in with an open mind and enjoy. A good lesson for you though... ALWAYS check what is above and below you when selecting cabins. FYI - Antoinette was the name of the Guest Relations Director - so seek her out at the first sign of any problem. 

18 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Regarding your comment about ordering off the MDR in Blu - generally the practice is that if you are on an M class ship, the kitchens are so close together that they will often let you order from the MDR.  

I believe you misunderstood my question. I  was asking for clarification of my understanding that Luminae guests (on M-class) cannot order off the Blu menu while dining in Luminae? Apologies if the question was misunderstood. 😉

4 hours ago, BEAV said:

I believe you misunderstood my question. I  was asking for clarification of my understanding that Luminae guests (on M-class) cannot order off the Blu menu while dining in Luminae? Apologies if the question was misunderstood. 😉

I don't believe that Luminae guests can order off the Blu menu. Ordering from the MDR menu is allowed and Luminae staff will also provide other items, if available, in the main kitchen.  They do go above and beyond to try to make their guests happy.

We have a dozen or so cruises in AQ, about a third were on M class. We have never been allowed to order off the MDR menu (except for the “always available” list). Many people report being able to order from the full MDR menu in BLU, but from my experience, this is not always the case. Of course, like many on many things, Celebrity is consistently inconsistent. 

If noise is not a problem on the Reflection in the Signature or Reflection Suites it should not be a problem in your Aqua Class staterooms.     They must have applied extra soundproofing.    Do the additional staterooms have the taller ceilings as the suites have on the Reflection?

35 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If noise is not a problem on the Reflection in the Signature or Reflection Suites it should not be a problem in your Aqua Class staterooms.     They must have applied extra soundproofing.    Do the additional staterooms have the taller ceilings as the suites have on the Reflection?

The ceilings in the new Deck 10 AQ "wing" are not any taller than other cabins. They merely removed the spa facilities (e.g., treatment rooms etc.) in that area and added in the new cabins.

7 hours ago, CYNSport said:

We have a dozen or so cruises in AQ, about a third were on M class. We have never been allowed to order off the MDR menu (except for the “always available” list). Many people report being able to order from the full MDR menu in BLU, but from my experience, this is not always the case. Of course, like many on many things, Celebrity is consistently inconsistent. 

Sometimes we have been able to on Summit and sometimes we haven't.

Laura

On 5/2/2019 at 12:54 AM, BEAV said:

As vegetarians, we are always seeking out suitable items that we can eat.  At times, the “item” on the Luminae menu just doesn’t cut it for our dietary lifestyle.  Although, the staff/chef is most accommodating to alter, etc., they also provide us the “Vegetarian menu” from the MDR (on both M-Class and S-Class ships) from which we have successfully ordered from.  

However!  when we asked if we could have the veggie option from BLU - it was a hard NO.

So?  to answer your question - from our own personal experience, as guests in Luminae we were not permitted to order from the BLU menu.

*** and the same in reverse for BLU (for information sake).  We can order from the MDR vegetarian menu; but not the Luminae menu.

Edited by hvbaskey

1 hour ago, hvbaskey said:

As vegetarians, we are always seeking out suitable items that we can eat.  At times, the “item” on the Luminae menu just doesn’t cut it for our dietary lifestyle.  Although, the staff/chef is most accommodating to alter, etc., they also provide us the “Vegetarian menu” from the MDR (on both M-Class and S-Class ships) from which we have successfully ordered from.  
However!  when we asked if we could have the veggie option from BLU - it was a hard NO.
So?  to answer your question - from our own personal experience, as guests in Luminae we were not permitted to order from the BLU menu.

*** and the same in reverse for BLU (for information sake).  We can order from the MDR vegetarian menu; but not the Luminae menu.

What you described has been our experience as well. 

Edge presents a new issue with dining in Luminae and wanting an item from the MDR menu.  I was on Edge 1-4 December with my parents, and my mom frequently prefers something from the MDR menu rather than from the Luminae menu.  She was politely discouraged from ordering off the MDR menu because of the time it would take to serve the food.  Mind you, Luminae on Edge is deck 12 at the near front of the ship while the MDRs are aft decks 3 and 4.  My husband and I will be on Edge 15 May (soon!) and I'll be curious to learn what policy, if any, has been crafted (and enforced?) for an MDR meal request while dining in Luminae.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 9:54 PM, BEAV said:

To specifically answer your question, NO Luminae guests cannot order off the Blu menu. We have traveled in Blu so often that we have the menus practically memorized. But, personally, my DH has a very particular dessert that he loves, available only in Blu. As an aside, the chef gave me the recipe because DH ordered that dessert Every. Single. Night. Anyway, dining in Luminae, he specifically requested that particular dessert and was told that no Blu items can be delivered to Luminae. As another aside, that might be the only reason I can think of that a Luminae guest would want to eat in Blu (if they weren't trying to dine with friends who were sailing in AQ).

Edited by Member123
a dreaded typo