Norwegian cruise

chmusar

I have been on p&o a few times and looking to go on a Norwegian Cruise but I want to go further north and as p&o don't, I am looking at an hurtiguten cruise can anyone tell me the major differences and cost of beverages on-board.

Thanks

Sent from my SGP771 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, sddsddean said:

We're booked on this one if thats far enough north for you https://www.pocruises.com/find-a-cruise/J918/J918

Simon

We are also on this cruise and very much looking forward to it despite the fact it will be very cold. There are fewer summer cruises that go to the northern coast of Norway than there used to be which is a shame. Our first cruise went as far north as Svalbard (Spitsbergen) but I think environmental considerations have caused a big reduction in such cruises. Not sure it is suitable for the larger ships either, we went on the Artemis in 2005.

We did the "Land of the midnight sun" cruise on Princess and that goes up to Honningsvag and from there you can get excursions to North Cape which we found very interesting.  They are still doing the same cruise this year.  If you decide to take this cruise and excursion I would advise a warm jacket as it was snowing when we were at North Cape even though it was July, we took sweaters and lightweight waterproof jackets but I would have preferred to be a little warmer.

Going as far north as Honningsvag is very rewarding and we can recommend it  - there are some great potential ports of call along the way too eg Lofoten Islands and Tromso.  The experience however of going to Tromso in search of the Northern Lights on Arcadia as mentioned is, however a very different experience because of the time of year, cold conditions and snow underfoot.