Juneau Dock Time

Easton13A

Greetings all.  I have a question about scheduled dock time vs when we can get off the ship.  In the vast experience of this board, if the scheduled arrival time in Juneau is 12:00pm, am I safe making a reservation at Hangar on the Wharf for 12:30?  Will that be enough time to disembark and walk over (docking at Franklin Street dock, first ship in port that day, only other ship scheduled for 1:30pm)?  We have to meet our excursion at the Mt. Roberts tramway building at 2:00pm, so I want to make sure we have enough time to eat and walk back.

Thanks in advance!

Yes,   10 minute walk.     BUT,  the problem with a late port time, is EVERYONE is up and wants off the ship.   So,  it's important for you to consider being staged at least 30 minutes prior to the posted time.  Look outside and if you're docked early,   get in line.   In Alaska it's always more favorable to have those early morning dock times for my preferences.   :)   

The Hanger is one of my favorite places to go to after a long day of excursions and drink beer until my lips get numb, LOL. It's a pretty good walk to the Hanger from the Franklin Street dock, it's got to be about 3/4 of a mile. Look at google maps and you'll see how far it is. The Tram is about halfway between Franklin Street dock and the Hanger. I would go to the Hanger after at the end of the day.

Having sailed most main stream cruise lines I have observed that HAL is usually docked an hour early and passengers are off about half an hour before arrival time. RCCL and Princess are usually pulling into the dock at the arrival time which means you need to allow time to get tied off and cleared. If it was me I would watch approach and docking then go have a nice lunch on the ship then depart after the majority of the passengers had disembarked. Other wise I'm afraid you will spend your afternoon doing 'Hurry up and wait'.

I don't think you can make it at 12:30. It might dock at 12 pm but then the ship has

to cleared for people to get off. Then the crowd of people getting off once they say

it's time. Plus your docked at the Franklin St.,  3rd dock.  not as close as it sounds.

The Tram is closer to the ship then the Hanger.

The ships I have been on are cleared right away and we are off within 5 minutes of docking time. It seems unusual to be late on my trips.

Edited by Coral

We dock at 7 AM and have to be at the Adventure Bound office at 8AM.  They (AB) told us that we would be at the northernmost dock, according to the port schedule they have and it is a 2 block walk.  We will be on Ovation of the Seas.  I was thinking of getting a taxi scheduled, but the people at the AB did not think it would be necessary, even with one person who would be pretty slow.  We plan to get off the ship as soon as possible and make our way over there.  

We docked a bit early and were off the ship very close to noon.  Didn't make a reservation, but walked right in and got a table by the window at the Hangar.  Made our excursion meeting time no problem.