Restaurants in Quebec City---WALK

Hello once again....

Going for a few days precruise.  Staying at the Hilton Quebec. Any suggestions for food within walking distance and I mean close walking.  Bad knee here.  Also, looking for other foods but French food since I will have 3 days of eating there and do not want French food for all meals.  Thank you in advance.  You all have been very helpful on all my other questions.  

I don't know what your walking limit would be, but my last time in Québec this past October I had a very nice meal at Apsara, a family-owned Cambodian restaurant, which offers not only Cambodian but also Vietnamese and Thai dishes.  It's on Rue d'Auteuil just inside the walls and I estimate it to be about a 500 meter walk from the Hilton.

Of course, if you want to look further afield, taxis are not expensive.

Ancient Canadian has Quebecois dining -- fixed price lunch menu is a bargain, almost same as dinner. Lots of creperies in upper and lower town. In lower town Le Lapin Saute has a unique delicious menu, lots of atmosphere

Edited by Host Carolyn

5 hours ago, CanICruiseSoonPlease said:

Hello once again....

Going for a few days precruise.  Staying at the Hilton Quebec. Any suggestions for food within walking distance and I mean close walking.  Bad knee here.  Also, looking for other foods but French food since I will have 3 days of eating there and do not want French food for all meals.  Thank you in advance.  You all have been very helpful on all my other questions.  

From the Hilton you have 2 options. Cross the main boulevard east of the Hilton, walking towards the old city, and you'll find yourself in Place d'Youville, just outside one of the gates through the walls (Porte Saint-Jean, to be precise). There are several restaurants both on the square and just beyond the gate on Rue Saint-Jean.  The second option is to walk up one block from the Hilton to Grande-Allée, which is basically wall-to-wall restaurants once you get past the parliament buildings.

I tend to eat Quebecois/French and fancy when in town, so I doubt I can offer any specific suggestions - but from the perspective of you having a dodgy knee I'd suggest that Googling your hotel location and then searching 'nearby Restaurants' you will get exact distances and walking routes very easily, as well as a * rating based on public web reviews. If there are multiple possibilities, that's where a site like CC might be more useful to choose between X, Y, Z.

I'd also be be trying to find restos near where I am going to be sightseeing (especially for lunch) than whether a resto is near my hotel, which I'd be sleeping at but not spending much more time in... and attempting to minimize strain on that knee by using cabs & transit as much as possible. With minimum cab fares in play, the cost to go to a restaurant nextdoor compared to one a kilometre away is negligible.

Edited by martincath