What's acceptable for formal night?

We are sailing next week and was just wondering what's ok for formal night?

We are only a young family so not really into the whole "tux" thing but are there any do's/dont's for formal attire?

Thanks x

Just now, dltaeg said:

We are sailing next week and was just wondering what's ok for formal night?

We are only a young family so not really into the whole "tux" thing but are there any do's/dont's for formal attire?

Thanks x

Thread from a couple of hours ago:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2660341-define-formal-attire-please/?do=findComment&comment=57405762

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TEXASMUNK said:

Dress codes have been relaxed. They prefer no jeans or shorts for dinner. If you follow the guideline of what you would wear to, let's say, church you will be fine. 

I don't think my christening gown would fit me any more 😂

but thanks for the reply. Its good to know its been relaxed a little. We have shirts, shoes and dresses packed just no tux or ties.

4 minutes ago, TEXASMUNK said:

Dress codes have been relaxed. They prefer no jeans or shorts for dinner. If you follow the guideline of what you would wear to, let's say, church you will be fine. 

Dress codes have been relaxed - but jeans have never been a problem for dinner, now or in the past. You are requested not to wear shorts in the MDR other than breakfast and lunch. 

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

1 hour ago, TEXASMUNK said:

We have people in our Catholic church wearing shorts and flip flops to mass.  They are never denied entry or communion. YMMV.

LOL it was a general comment.  I am quite sure that folks in say, Minnesota , do not wear flip flops to church in January!

We to see shorts, etc at Mass.  Worry not, I am not saying you cannot wear your flip flops (with rhinestones glued on them (LOL) to the MDR.