Cruise Hold

travellingnana

Be sure to tell Princess that you will be turning over the booking.  If you have your travel agent's name, give it to them when you make the booking.  Ask them to put it on hold for a few days to give your TA a chance to pick it up.

I do it all the time.

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Be sure to tell Princess that you will be turning over the booking.  If you have your travel agent's name, give it to them when you make the booking.  Ask them to put it on hold for a few days to give your TA a chance to pick it up.

I do it all the time.

I've never had to tell Princess I'm going to transfer. A simple email to my TA takes care of it all. Not saying of course that telling Princess is a bad thing, I just don't think it matters.

14 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

I've never had to tell Princess I'm going to transfer. A simple email to my TA takes care of it all. Not saying of course that telling Princess is a bad thing, I just don't think it matters.

How recently have you transferred a cruise? I used to wait until just before final payment and then email my TA who would do the transfer. The last time (transferred 3 cruises) I had to use the Princess form and cruises must now be transferred within 60 days of booking.

Edited by Thrak

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

How recently have you transferred a cruise? I used to wait until just before final payment and then email my TA who would do the transfer. The last time (transferred 3 cruises) I had to use the Princess form and cruises must now be transferred within 60 days of booking.

On April 16th of this year I booked two cruises B2B online. One day later I emailed my TA and he took them over. Didn't have to fill out a form. I recall a while ago he told me he fills out the forms himself, using my email as authorization.

17 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

On April 16th of this year I booked two cruises B2B online. One day later I emailed my TA and he took them over. Didn't have to fill out a form. I recall a while ago he told me he fills out the forms himself, using my email as authorization.

Many thanks. I'm surprised Princess takes them since they told me specifically in email that I had to have my signature on the form. Typical Princess lack of consistent implantation. Thanks again as this will make future cruise transfers simpler.