Blue Bay Beach - payment and other questions

bobmacliberty

Would someone please confirm if taxis and Blue Bay Beach accept US Dollars and/or credit cards?  Any security concerns (beyond normal) with use credit cards on Curacao?  Planning for how much cash to bring for our coming cruise (2 weeks away!).  Every Caribbean island that I've been to accepts USD, but this will be our first trip to Curacao and I'd like to confirm. 

For Blue Bay Beach, we plan to taxi there and pay for chairs rather than use a ship excursion.  We want more flexibility on how long we stay.  Does it "sell out"?  Should we get there early to ensure that we get loungers?  Thanks.

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Would someone please confirm if taxis and Blue Bay Beach accept US Dollars and/or credit cards?  Any security concerns (beyond normal) with use credit cards on Curacao?  Planning for how much cash to bring for our coming cruise (2 weeks away!).  Every Caribbean island that I've been to accepts USD, but this will be our first trip to Curacao and I'd like to confirm. 

For Blue Bay Beach, we plan to taxi there and pay for chairs rather than use a ship excursion.  We want more flexibility on how long we stay.  Does it "sell out"?  Should we get there early to ensure that we get loungers?  Thanks.

US dollars are welcome. I have no idea if credit cards are accepted for taxis or Blue Bay admission. A taxi should be $30 for up to 4 people from the cruise port to Blue Bay beach. Admission to the beach is $8 per person, which includes use of a lounger. It gets crowded with cruise ship passengers. 

On 5/5/2019 at 2:43 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Taxis here (unless you hire a private tour guide) do not accept credit cards and will accept US dollars. 

I haven't seen Blue Bay take credit cards for the entrance fee (but they might) but you can use credit cards or US dollars at the bars and restaurants there.

It tends to get crowded on cruise ship days so earlier is better IMO.

I've had the same experience as the PPs.  Taxi & the entrance fee we paid in cash.  You can use credit at the bar/restaurant.  I would get there early to get your pick of loungers.  We were there by 9:30 and there were only a few people.  It really filled up as the morning went on.  Later one of the ship's excursion came.  They had a section off to the side that was reserved for them.  Our cab ride was 30 each way for 3 of us.  We paid 8 to get in.  The cocktails were $9.  I can't remember what the food prices were.  We did order some nachos but had  brought snacks from the ship.  I would arrange for the same taxi to come back and get you.  Either give them a time or take their card.  There were no taxis just hanging out there waiting when we were there.  

• Thanks 1