Priority Boarding Staterooms Being Ready

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

In my opinion Carnival needs to cutback on the number of FTTF they sell, at least initially. Although I understand from their perspective it is a program that generates a lot of revenue with little cost to run. 

On several cruises, most recently on Sunshine and Horizon within the last few months, we were told cabins may not be ready due to the large number of D&Ps on the cruise.  Fair enough on the surface.  Yet on every cruise I have heard this announcement, there were still a lot of guests with FTTF.  If the number of D&Ps is impacting supposed perks, to include cabins being ready early, they shouldn’t sell any FTTF for that cruise. They already do that for journey cruises. I am positive Carnival knows which of their ships/cruises are going to have a lot of D&Ps (for example, the earliest check-in windows on Vista and Horizon are later than other ships due to the higher number of D&Ps), so it shouldn’t be difficult to determine when not to offer FTTF on certain ships/cruises in addition to journey cruises. 

I agree they need to cutback on FTTF sales because it is affecting the perks of VIFP platinum and diamonds.  There were certainly a very large number of FTTF on this past week's cruise.  Another thing that did bother me was on debarkation.  FTTF debarked at the same time as platinum.  Platinum received zone 2 luggage tags along with FTTF.  Apparently, only diamonds received zone 1.  According to the letter for platinum members, some even received zone 3.  In the waiting area they called zone 2 at the same time with no distinction between FTTF and platinum.  There were many FTTF that debarked before some of the platinums.  There was a group of six right behind us.

With respect to needing to cutback, I don't see it happening as it has become a big revenue producer.  As long as people are willing to pay $90+ for FTTF on a 7 day cruise, Carnival will keep selling it.

2 hours ago, linbobky said:

heres my 2 cents worth. i think, they will get the fttf cabins ready before th p and d's . because the fttf people will go to gs to get a refund. that has happened before.

Nope, FTTF is more than just having your room ready on embarkation.  Your room not being ready is not enough to "demand" a refund.  You are still able to drop off your carry ons.  I bet if you poll FTTF purchasers, they will say that this is good enough.  Not to say that other purchased FTTF perks aren't as important.  I hate "speaking" for others, but this is a big bonus for us and one of the reasons we purchase FTTF.

Longest day for a crew member is the day you embark. 

For those suggesting that the cabins need to be ready earlier than they actually are

means that the Cruise Line needs to employ more manpower. In that case, this is what needs to be addressed. What’s Carnival’s bottom line ?

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, lyannea said:

Longest day for a crew member is the day you embark. 

For those suggesting that the cabins need to be ready earlier than they actually are

means that the Cruise Line needs to employ more manpower. In that case, this is what needs to be addressed. What’s Carnival’s bottom line ?

I assume you haven’t sailed Carnival lately since they are moving in the opposite direction. They are reducing manpower and cabin stewards are now responsible for significantly more cabins than they were in the past. This is the main reason this has become an issue lately. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I assume you haven’t sailed Carnival lately since they are moving in the opposite direction. They are reducing manpower and cabin stewards are now responsible for significantly more cabins than they were in the past. This is the main reason this has become an issue lately. 

PhillyFan, this is absolutely true- all lines I’ve been on have increased the amount of cabins that a steward is responsible for.

On my last TA, they did tag team on embarkation day, in order to get cabins cleaned & ready. No tag teaming after that. 

I’ve never left my cabin a mess- having worked in the hotel business for many years- Though friendly, I’ve limited my “chit-chat”, knowing that their time is limited.

2 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I bet if you poll FTTF purchasers, they will say that this is good enough.

Not enough.  Dropping off my bags is not what I pay for.  I pay for the ability to go straight to my cabin and lie down for however long I need to, priority guest services line, and priority embarkation and debarkation.  If I am not guaranteed to be able to lie down, I wouldn't purchase FTTF.  The other benefits I use aren't worth enough to justify the purchase.   Holding onto my 22" backpack and 22" suitcase until 1:30pm isn't difficult.  I can wait in the regular guest services line and wait for regular self-assist debarkation if I have to.

Edited by Tiger0613

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

In my opinion Carnival needs to cutback on the number of FTTF they sell, at least initially. Although I understand from their perspective it is a program that generates a lot of revenue with little cost to run. 

On several cruises, most recently on Sunshine and Horizon within the last few months, we were told cabins may not be ready due to the large number of D&Ps on the cruise.  Fair enough on the surface.  Yet on every cruise I have heard this announcement, there were still a lot of guests with FTTF.  If the number of D&Ps is impacting supposed perks, to include cabins being ready early, they shouldn’t sell any FTTF for that cruise. They already do that for journey cruises. I am positive Carnival knows which of their ships/cruises are going to have a lot of D&Ps (for example, the earliest check-in windows on Vista and Horizon are later than other ships due to the higher number of D&Ps), so it shouldn’t be difficult to determine when not to offer FTTF on certain ships/cruises in addition to journey cruises. 

Carnival already regulates the number of FTTF they sell based on the number of P/D who book the cruise. One number that's often thrown around is that they initially open up 30 FTTF slots. So whatever that initial number is, they sell that amount, then wait to see how many P/D's book before deciding whether or not to open up any more FTTF. Do you think 30 people with FTTF makes that much of a difference on a cruise with hundreds of P/D's? The fact of the matter is, you can say there's "a lot" of FTTF all you want, but you have no idea how many there are. That number actually changes for each cruise because it's capacity controlled. More than likely, the number of FTTF on board every cruise doesn't even come close to the number of P/D. Carnival is regulating the number of FTTF on board, so if you want to blame someone, blame Carnival, not those who buy FTTF.

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I know this only applies to a small percentage of people, but the most entitled people I have seen on a Carnival ship are people with FTTF who think everything should revolve around them because they paid for a few perks.

This is comical. One only needs to read this forum to see that those who buy FTTF aren't the ones acting entitled or that everything should revolve around them. Heck, read your own comments in this thread. You yourself have been talking about how you think you're entitled to this perk and that over FTTF. Entitled to better P/D gifts. The fact of the matter is, the number of FTTF on board any given cruise isn't even a drop in the bucket, but some people are just upset because those of us who choose to buy it supposedly didn't "earn" it. The concept of FTTF isn't unique to Carnival. Similar perks packages are offered all over the place by countless companies.

3 hours ago, linbobky said:

heres my 2 cents worth. i think, they will get the fttf cabins ready before th p and d's . because the fttf people will go to gs to get a refund. that has happened before.

This just isn't true. They have a system in place when turning over cabins and they're not going to skip around to the FTTF cabins first just because they're FTTF.

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Like you mentioned, they will also be the first ones at GS for the smallest problem 

It doesn’t take a genius to realize Carnival’s focus is on the blue and red cards. I think most people agree Carnival’s perks for their loyalty programs are the worst in the industry.  I continue to cruise on Carnival because I always have fun on their cruises. I definitely don’t cruise on Carnival for the perks I get as a Platinum.  I know quite a few people who are Platinum and Diamond who no longer cruise on Carnival. I don’t think Carnival worries one bit about losing people who have cruised on Carnival for decades. All you have to do is look at the current D&P gift, a cheap lanyard that I got on my cruise that just ended, to realize Carnival’s focus is not on their most loyal guests. 

The accusations coming from both of you that FTTF people demand refunds if their cabins aren't ready or that they go to Guest Services for "the smallest problems" are utterly baseless. Unless you're standing right there next to someone at GS, you have no idea why anyone is there. Considering the priority line is for Platinum, Diamond, and FTTF, you don't even know what their priority status is.

Carnival execs are on the record saying they'd like to distance themselves from cruisers who demand perks and freebies to remain loyal. I agree with them. From a purely business standpoint, freebies cost the company money. They'd rather build loyalty based on true enjoyment of the product instead of having to buy someone's loyalty. This thread is beginning to sound like the old Carnival FunVille forums where the long-time cruisers would say "new cruisers have ruined cruising" on a daily basis. And it's turning into nothing more than a place to bash FTTF. And from what I've seen, most of it isn't even based in truth or facts, but from a few P/D's who have an axe to grind.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, quickrate said:

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is the case anymore. If it was, the room stewards would be able to have priority ready as there would be no FTTF on those sailings. For priority to be told " your rooms won't be ready when you board as there are too many of you" and there are still FTTF waiting to board as well shows Carnival is not holding back on selling FTTF.

Pat

It's Carnival's official policy. Straight from their FAQ's:

• The number of people who may purchase the FTTF package will be capacity controlled based upon the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing.

If you've ever bought FTTF, you'd know this to be true. They open up a certain amount of FTTF to start. Some have said the number is 30, but I don't know where that number came from. Those sell out pretty quick, then that's it until they get a better idea of how many P/D's will be booking. On any given cruise, the number of FTTF is more often than not much less than the number of P/D's.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Carnival already regulates the number of FTTF they sell based on the number of P/D who book the cruise. One number that's often thrown around is that they initially open up 30 FTTF slots. So whatever that initial number is, they sell that amount, then wait to see how many P/D's book before deciding whether or not to open up any more FTTF. Do you think 30 people with FTTF makes that much of a difference on a cruise with hundreds of P/D's? The fact of the matter is, you can say there's "a lot" of FTTF all you want, but you have no idea how many there are. That number actually changes for each cruise because it's capacity controlled. More than likely, the number of FTTF on board every cruise doesn't even come close to the number of P/D. Carnival is regulating the number of FTTF on board, so if you want to blame someone, blame Carnival, not those who buy FTTF.

This is comical. One only needs to read this forum to see that those who buy FTTF aren't the ones acting entitled or that everything should revolve around them. Heck, read your own comments in this thread. You yourself have been talking about how you think you're entitled to this perk and that over FTTF. Entitled to better P/D gifts. The fact of the matter is, the number of FTTF on board any given cruise isn't even a drop in the bucket, but some people are just upset because those of us who choose to buy it supposedly didn't "earn" it. The concept of FTTF isn't unique to Carnival. Similar perks packages are offered all over the place by countless companies.

This just isn't true. They have a system in place when turning over cabins and they're not going to skip around to the FTTF cabins first just because they're FTTF.

The accusations coming from both of you that FTTF people demand refunds if their cabins aren't ready or that they go to Guest Services for "the smallest problems" are utterly baseless. Unless you're standing right there next to someone at GS, you have no idea why anyone is there. Considering the priority line is for Platinum, Diamond, and FTTF, you don't even know what their priority status is.

Carnival execs are on the record saying they'd like to distance themselves from cruisers who demand perks and freebies to remain loyal. I agree with them. From a purely business standpoint, freebies cost the company money. They'd rather build loyalty based on true enjoyment of the product instead of having to buy someone's loyalty. This thread is beginning to sound like the old Carnival FunVille forums where the long-time cruisers would say "new cruisers have ruined cruising" on a daily basis. And it's turning into nothing more than a place to bash FTTF. And from what I've seen, most of it isn't even based in truth or facts, but from a few P/D's who have an axe to grind.

My comments about what customers do at GS come from people who work at GS. I cruise frequently on Carnival and am friends with lots of staff members who work for Carnival. The GS complaints I hear come from people who work there. They are the ones who have told me FTTF guests complain far more often than Diamonds and Platinums do and they frequently request refunds for FTTF, with waiting for tendering/water shuttles the most common basis for the complaint. They are the ones who told me red cards cancel the most gratuities, which surprised me because I thought that would be blue cards. 

If if you read my posts you know I don’t cruise for the limited perks Carnival offers. I have also said many times Carnival’s market is unquestionably focused on the inexperienced cruiser. They spend a lot more money on excursions, photos, WiFi, shops on board, etc. I know Carnival’s market is not aimed at someone like me who cruise 9-10 times a year. But I continue to cruise on Carnival because I have never had a bad cruise on any of their ships. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

It's Carnival's official policy. Straight from their FAQ's:

• The number of people who may purchase the FTTF package will be capacity controlled based upon the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing.

If you've ever bought FTTF, you'd know this to be true. They open up a certain amount of FTTF to start. Some have said the number is 30, but I don't know where that number came from. Those sell out pretty quick, then that's it until they get a better idea of how many P/D's will be booking. On any given cruise, the number of FTTF is more often than not much less than the number of P/D's.

what Carnival's official policy is and what they are doing are 2 different things. IF they were actually limiting the # of FTTF to be bought on cruises, they wouldn't be telling Diamond/Platinum that their cabins won't be ready on time when there is a room full of FTTF waiting to board. which means they are no longer following their own guidelines.  And, I have never in 34 cruises complained about my room not being ready on time or my luggage not arriving early but I have stood next to many FTTF in priority line at guest services who are there to lodge those complaints. I have read threads on here of those who have bought FTTF encouraging others to demand a refund from guest services if they aren't receiving the priority perks expected. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against people who buy FTTF. The perks are offered at a price so why not buy it? I'm against Carnival not following their own guidelines which seems to be the path they are taking in many instances.

Pat

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

Not enough.  Dropping off my bags is not what I pay for.  I pay for the ability to go straight to my cabin and lie down for however long I need to, priority guest services line, and priority embarkation and debarkation.  If I am not guaranteed to be able to lie down, I wouldn't purchase FTTF.  The other benefits I use aren't worth enough to justify the purchase.   Holding onto my 22" backpack and 22" suitcase until 1:30pm isn't difficult.  I can wait in the regular guest services line and wait for regular self-assist debarkation if I have to.

Ok. Fair enough. 

I've purchased FTTF 3 times. The first time our cabin was not ready when we boarded and we didn't get our luggage until late. I didn't complain or try to get a refund. I only used GS to purchase Behind the Fun. The second time all went well. The 3rd time 2 of 3 cabins wasn't ready yet, we put our suitcases down and went to GS... to get a room card changed, fund a cash account and have a partition opened. Gee I think I must have missed a golden opportunity to get some money back. 😏

Based on my experience it does seem that the guarantee to have the room ready is not being met. Since I just want to put my suitcase down and explore the ship it hasn't been an issue but if having that room ready is important to you I do think you are entitled to some of that money paid back. After all you aren't getting part of the perk you paid for. That's not being entitled. It's getting what you paid for.  Being entitled is expecting more than what you paid for. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, quickrate said:

what Carnival's official policy is and what they are doing are 2 different things. IF they were actually limiting the # of FTTF to be bought on cruises, they wouldn't be telling Diamond/Platinum that their cabins won't be ready on time when there is a room full of FTTF waiting to board. which means they are no longer following their own guidelines.  And, I have never in 34 cruises complained about my room not being ready on time or my luggage not arriving early but I have stood next to many FTTF in priority line at guest services who are there to lodge those complaints. I have read threads on here of those who have bought FTTF encouraging others to demand a refund from guest services if they aren't receiving the priority perks expected. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against people who buy FTTF. The perks are offered at a price so why not buy it? I'm against Carnival not following their own guidelines which seems to be the path they are taking in many instances.

Pat

You're obviously going to believe whatever you want. The fact of the matter is, FTTF is capacity controlled and they are following their own policy in regards to it. If they weren't limiting its numbers, as you claim, FTTF wouldn't sell out as quickly as it always does. For our next cruise, it sold out in about a week or two, and we're still almost a year out. How did it sell out if they aren't controlling the number of FTTF packages allowed? As is always the case, they won't open more for several months, after they get a better count on P/D. And that's if they open up any more. Sometimes they don't. Some people are only able to buy FTTF after someone cancels who already had it. Again, yet another indication that it's capacity controlled.

If you'll notice, the OP didn't say the Carnival rep. told P/D that their cabins aren't guaranteed to be ready, but FTTF will be. No, if they're telling people this, they're telling EVERY priority passenger that's given that perk, to include FTTF. And it's not due to FTTF, it's due to the heavy workload of stewards and their teams. You can't blame FTTF when they are vastly outnumbered by P/D's.

I've never seen anyone on this forum so much as say they demanded a refund for their cabin not being ready, let alone encourage other FTTF passengers to do the same. If you actually have been at Guest Services while a FTTF passenger complained, so what? Do you think there aren't any Platinum or Diamond cruisers who complain about something? Read this thread alone. P/D's are complaining about FTTF passengers because their cabins aren't ready. P/D's complaining about the FREE gift they're given. Read this forum...P/D's complain all the time. Sometimes it's justified, sometimes it's frivolous. But for some reason, it's always the lowly little Blue, Red, & Golds who get crucified for complaining about something. 🙄 And then those of us who buy FTTF are called the entitled ones. Give me a break. Here's the big difference between FTTF and P/D perks: FTTF passengers pay for those perks. Everyone has complained about not getting what they paid for at one point or another in their life, regardless of what it is. That's called being a good consumer. If you don't get what you paid for, you should complain. If a FTTF passenger gets to their cabin and it isn't ready, and they do go to Guest Services to ask about it (or even complain), they have that right. But I find it hard to believe that a majority of them are demanding refunds for that alone. What's more likely is that they aren't aware it's much more common now that priority cabins aren't ready, so they go to GS. Once you become aware that it's common now, you either accept it or don't buy the package. But by all means, y'all can continue to demonize FTTF.

This thread has devolved into a soapbox for P/D's to talk trash about FTTF and falsely accuse them of hurting their cruising experience. Thankfully, I know not all P/D's feel this way about those who have yet to reach P/D level.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

You're obviously going to believe whatever you want. The fact of the matter is, FTTF is capacity controlled and they are following their own policy in regards to it. If they weren't limiting its numbers, as you claim, FTTF wouldn't sell out as quickly as it always does. For our next cruise, it sold out in about a week or two, and we're still almost a year out. How did it sell out if they aren't controlling the number of FTTF packages allowed? As is always the case, they won't open more for several months, after they get a better count on P/D. And that's if they open up any more. Sometimes they don't. Some people are only able to buy FTTF after someone cancels who already had it. Again, yet another indication that it's capacity controlled.

If you'll notice, the OP didn't say the Carnival rep. told P/D that their cabins aren't guaranteed to be ready, but FTTF will be. No, if they're telling people this, they're telling EVERY priority passenger that's given that perk, to include FTTF. And it's not due to FTTF, it's due to the heavy workload of stewards and their teams. You can't blame FTTF when they are vastly outnumbered by P/D's.

I've never seen anyone on this forum so much as say they demanded a refund for their cabin not being ready, let alone encourage other FTTF passengers to do the same. If you actually have been at Guest Services while a FTTF passenger complained, so what? Do you think there aren't any Platinum or Diamond cruisers who complain about something? Read this thread alone. P/D's are complaining about FTTF passengers because their cabins aren't ready. P/D's complaining about the FREE gift they're given. Read this forum...P/D's complain all the time. Sometimes it's justified, sometimes it's frivolous. But for some reason, it's always the lowly little Blue, Red, & Golds who get crucified for complaining about something. 🙄 And then those of us who buy FTTF are called the entitled ones. Give me a break. Here's the big difference between FTTF and P/D perks: FTTF passengers pay for those perks. Everyone has complained about not getting what they paid for at one point or another in their life, regardless of what it is. That's called being a good consumer. If you don't get what you paid for, you should complain. If a FTTF passenger gets to their cabin and it isn't ready, and they do go to Guest Services to ask about it (or even complain), they have that right. But I find it hard to believe that a majority of them are demanding refunds for that alone. What's more likely is that they aren't aware it's much more common now that priority cabins aren't ready, so they go to GS. Once you become aware that it's common now, you either accept it or don't buy the package. But by all means, y'all can continue to demonize FTTF.

This thread has devolved into a soapbox for P/D's to talk trash about FTTF and falsely accuse them of hurting their cruising experience. Thankfully, I know not all P/D's feel this way about those who have yet to reach P/D level.

The more I read your comments, the more I think you don’t cruise very often on Carnival. You keep insisting that FTTF is quantity controlled, but the reality is otherwise. On three recent cruises I have been on (Miracle, Horizon, and Sunshine) and on two cruises on Magic last year, we were told cabins would not be available due to the number of D&Ps on the cruise. However. the FTTF waiting area had at least 30-40 people sitting there for all 5 of these cruises. In my opinion if they can’t have cabins ready due to the number of D&Ps on the cruise, they shouldn’t sell FTTF. Unfortunately the reality is they still sell FTTF on cruises with significant numbers of D&Ps. When Carnival can’t provide promised perks, it’s not fair to anyone (D&Ps and FTTF) who are expecting certain things based on their loyalty level or paying additional money for FTTF. 

8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

WOW! somehow you took what I said as I was against FTTF and that is not the case. I even said I had nothing against people who bought FTTF, I feel, my opinion, that Carnival isn't following their own guidelines. Nothing I said demonized FTTF, I could care less if you buy it. I also didn't talk trash about FTTF. You want to pay for it, more power to you. Namaste!!

Pat

I am Plantinum and my room has not always been ready.  It depends on just how many rooms the steward has for priority passengers.  BUT, they left me put my carry ons inside and I usually go grab a bite somewhere so it never really matters to me. I have also had my luggage arrive as late as 7pm.  But I dont sweat the small stuff.  I always carry on essentials and a change of clothes.  Try a 14 days journey cruise and have a swarm of diamonds boarding, if most every one is priority then no one is priority but heck as long as we have a fun cruise I dont care.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 9:46 PM, auburn77 said:

I wonder if it's different for D&Ps if there are no FTTF's sold on a cruise, such as a Journeys cruise.

I didnt know they didnt sell FTTF on a journey but it makes sense.  My last journey there were 3 D/P reunion parties cause of the shear number of them.  It appeared that 8 out of 10 people on board were D/P

37 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

The signage even changed on our last cruise in February.  The sign to the staterooms no longer indicated D/P/FTTF can go through the closed doors to the rooms.  

The last steward I talked to said he had 37 rooms to clean. Carnival is conspiring to completely wear out their stewards. I find it appalling to give the stewards that many rooms and is the main reason I push back when my husband wants to cruise with the line. You're wrong in your assumption, but that's OK. I know I'm right. 🙂

Oh, no!😮  The signage has been removed?  That sucks!  That makes it sound like it is a policy  change, then, not just a few instances.  I agree that the Room Stewards are now much more overworked than before the cutback in their numbers.  I hate it, too.  It's why I never complain to the room Steward or GS when I find my cabin less than clean (I've found several things left behind by previous guests, dirty robes, a used Bioré strip🤢, large wads of hair on the rug, excessive (like several months' worth) of dust build-up on ceiling vents, etc., etc.  But I just feel so bad for how much the RS has to do in so little time, that I don't ever want to get them in trouble or add to their stress.  I just do a better cleaning myself upon entering the cabin, with products that I bring from home for this purpose and never mention it to any Carnival employee.  

But maybe that makes me part of the problem.😧  Maybe if all the guests that found their cabins unsatisfactorily cleaned complained to GS or on post-cruise surveys, they might not so easily get away with cutting crew and overworking those that are left.  Wait, what the heck am I thinking?  This is Carnival we're talking about.  They'll keep cutting back in every way they can, and they'll still keep packing millions of people on to their ships.  The cutbacks working for them.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

@ShakyBeef I've also felt that if passengers complain long and loud about the amount of work Carnival is forcing upon their stewards, maybe Carnival will add more stewards per ship.  It's insane what they're doing to the crew right now.  I can't get behind that at all.  I'd vote with my feet, but my husband is still determined to get Diamond. He even told me the other day that if we plan it right, we can get Diamond together (I'm 11 days behind him). Oy vey.

Why is it insane?  No one is forcing anyone to work on a Carnival ship. I talked to my cabin steward last week on my cruise and he said the increase in cabins he is now responsible for is not overwhelming. What he does have trouble with is getting priority/FTTF cabins ready on time, especially when boarding begins around 11 AM, which has been the case on all 3 cruises I have been on since February. The other thing he said, which I have heard directly from the Hotel Director at a Diamond special event, is Carnival is moving towards only servicing cabins once a day. That will obviously make their job easier. 

18 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Why is it insane?  No one is forcing anyone to work on a Carnival ship. I talked to my cabin steward last week on my cruise and he said the increase in cabins he is now responsible for is not overwhelming. What he does have trouble with is getting priority/FTTF cabins ready on time, especially when boarding begins around 11 AM, which has been the case on all 3 cruises I have been on since February. The other thing he said, which I have heard directly from the Hotel Director at a Diamond special event, is Carnival is moving towards only servicing cabins once a day. That will obviously make their job easier. 

You are right, no one is forcing them to work on a Carnival ship. But, just imagine you worked for a Company for over 10 maybe15 years and all of a sudden they doubled your work load without providing much more compensation. You could go look for another job but that is easier said than done. Talk to the room stewards  who have been with Carnival for over 10 years. Then you will get the "rest of the story".

Pat

Edited by quickrate
misspelled word
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, fyree39 said:

The signage even changed on our last cruise in February.  The sign to the staterooms no longer indicated D/P/FTTF can go through the closed doors to the rooms.  

The last steward I talked to said he had 37 rooms to clean. Carnival is conspiring to completely wear out their stewards. I find it appalling to give the stewards that many rooms and is the main reason I push back when my husband wants to cruise with the line. You're wrong in your assumption, but that's OK. I know I'm right. 🙂

This is an old argument that has been debunked on several other posts. Everyone who has priority knows, and Carnival has said, that they can just open the door and go to their cabin. Why would anyone be dumb enough to believe that "Carnival is conspiring to wear out their stewards." That is the dumbest logic I have ever heard. However, when you say "You're wrong in your assumption, but that's OK. I know I  am right." I understand where this dumbness it is position coming from.

55 minutes ago, quickrate said:

You are right, no one is forcing them to work on a Carnival ship. But, just imagine you worked for a Company for over 10 maybe15 years and all of a sudden they doubled your work load without providing much more compensation. You could go look for another job but that is easier said than done. Talk to the room stewards  who have been with Carnival for over 10 years. Then you will get the "rest of the story".

Pat

Carnival is providing more compensation. Stewards are paid by the number of cabins  they clean. That is why most of the stewards are happy, from what I have heard directly and indirectly, with this change because they are making significantly more money than they did previously. Of course like before the change, guests still have the option to remove gratuities, which directly impacts the stewards. Personally I think gratuities should be mandatory, but Carnival has never asked for my opinion on this topic.  

• Like 1

On our last cruise on the Magic, we had purchased FTTF and were on the ship by about 11am. When we got to our cabin, it wasn't ready and our S&S cards were not in our mailbox. Our room steward came by and said we weren't on his priority list. We told him we could guarantee we had purchased FTTF. He let us put our luggage in the room and we went down to GS. I told the GS rep what had happened and asked if she could make sure our passenger records were correct (I was very nice, didn't ask for anything other than to just make sure it did show us as FTTF) which I assume they would have had to be since we got on the ship with the other FTTF passengers. She looked up our account, said it did indeed show us as FTTF, apologized profusely, and immediately said they were going to refund 100% of our FTTF purchase and we would still have all the benefits for the week. I was pretty floored that she just automatically issued us a refund, especially since I hadn't asked for anything and certainly didn't expect anything.

We immediately went back up to our cabin and by the time we got from GS to Deck 10, our cabin steward was standing in our cabin with our S&S cards and extra free water (above our free VIFP water). We thanked him and then went to lunch. When we returned later, the cabin was spotless and there were two plates of chocolate covered strawberries on the desk and a note that another $50 in OBC had been applied to our account for the inconvenience. We were amazed and quite impressed by this example of excellent customer service!

• Like 5

On 5/7/2019 at 5:59 PM, linbobky said:

You just might be right on track here.  We book suites but also buy FTTF. I could definitely see carnival wanting to get a paid service finished before an earned perk.  not saying it is right but I see the logic of not wanting to issue a refund. I really Just want to put my carry ons up.  They can clean mine during muster for all I care.