How to find booking inclusions

Nang

I am trying to determine what extras are included in my cruise as I did have a Pinnacle Grill Lunch and Dinner included for a prior cruise that we did not use  which I had been advised may carry over to our next cruise. I know how to log in to the HAL website and view my bookings/account but cannot see where to find the inclusions such as dinners and beverage packages that are included. 

In the past when I have had questions about specific bookings that I posed to HAL I have been referred back to my TA. He is away from the office for a few days so I am trying to learn how to discover these sort of details myself. I have tried searching here but had no luck. TIA.

I have this same question.  My travel agent told me that HAL offered two beverage cards when I asked if they could do anything since the price of our cruise dropped the day after I booked it.  I can't find it anywhere, although I can find the onboard credit.

20 minutes ago, Nang said:

I am trying to determine what extras are included in my cruise as I did have a Pinnacle Grill Lunch and Dinner included for a prior cruise that we did not use  which I had been advised may carry over to our next cruise. I know how to log in to the HAL website and view my bookings/account but cannot see where to find the inclusions such as dinners and beverage packages that are included. 

In the past when I have had questions about specific bookings that I posed to HAL I have been referred back to my TA. He is away from the office for a few days so I am trying to learn how to discover these sort of details myself. I have tried searching here but had no luck. TIA.

Typically, the HAL website is notorious for NOT putting all the particulars on your online reservation page.  Especially if you use a TA.

2 minutes ago, jennaja said:

Does everything show up onboard, even though it's not showing on the online reservation page?

Well, the reservation information papers I get from my TA show all that stuff.  I don't recall whether we got anything onboard telling us about our OBC, prepaid gratuities or specialty dining perks.  We did get our beverage cards in our room once we had access to it.

42 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Typically, the HAL website is notorious for NOT putting all the particulars on your online reservation page.  Especially if you use a TA.

If they were going to show where would I see them?

5 hours ago, Nang said:

If they were going to show where would I see them?

If you used a TA, the only place the perks show is on the confirmation from the TA.  I've not heard of unused perks carrying over to a subsequent cruise (unless an error by HAL). I thought if one didn't use them, they were lost.  I hope it works out for you.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

35 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

If you used a TA, the only place the perks show is on the confirmation from the TA.  I've not heard of unused perks carrying over to a subsequent cruise (unless an error by HAL). I thought if one didn't use them, they were lost.  I hope it works out for you.

I  didn't expect them to carry over either, but they were provided by the TA, not HAL and I was told at the time of the booking by our TA that there was a Pinnacle Dinner and Lunch showing against the booking in addition to the Early Booking Bonus perks. I was just curious as to how I might check myself that this was the case. I have had HAL not honour TA provided perks in the past despite them showing on the confirmation provided by the TA which I provided to the Service staff at the front desk. This time I was hoping to find a HAL source for the information on these extras in case I found myself in a similar position.

Check the paperwork from your TA. If the perks aren't there, ask if they can be added so that you have something in writing in case the perks don't show up onboard.

When you get on the ship, there might be "invitations" to Pinnacle showing that you have been assigned a dining time or showing that you need to make a reservation. This doesn't always happen and, if it doesn't, go to Pinnacle and make your reservations right away.

One thing to remember about TA provided perks. The TA has to actually go out and purchase them. Quite often, that happens just outside the "window" for such purchases. That way the TAs money is not tied up too long until they get their commission. If, for some reason, the TA fails to arrange for the perk HAL has no way to provide them.

If you book direct with HAL, you would see them on page 2 of the 4 pages of the "Guest Booking Confirmation". If you book with a travel Agent, do you even get a HAL Guest Booking Confirmation? When I have booked with a TA (for another cruise line) I never saw the cruise line confirmation only the TA one.  So you might not see the extras you are to receive.

31 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

If you book direct with HAL, you would see them on page 2 of the 4 pages of the "Guest Booking Confirmation". If you book with a travel Agent, do you even get a HAL Guest Booking Confirmation? When I have booked with a TA (for another cruise line) I never saw the cruise line confirmation only the TA one.  So you might not see the extras you are to receive.

I book with HAL and then transfer to a TA.  Once the transfer is completed, I get a confirmation from the TA that lists the perks.  The HAL confirmation also lists the perks.  In fact, for my upcoming cruise, I had to email the HAL confirmation to the TA so that I would get ALL of the OBC that was originally listed on the HAL confirmation (they had shorted us $75 at the time of the transfer).

When we went to Alaska a couple of years ago, our TA gave us each a dinner at Caneletto and Pinnacle Grill. When we arrived on board, among the other papers in our cabin, were small folded cards announcing the dinners, with the phone number to call for reservations. We didn't use them (the MDR was too good), so received credit for both on our final bill.