Real Ginger Beer on Board?

6 hours ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

We will be embarking on the Summit this weekend and I recently found out that I am pregnant! Morning sickness/nausea has kicked in and I've been living on ginger beer (an extra strong non-alcoholic ginger ale made with real ginger) and ginger tea. Does anyone know if any of the bars offer real ginger beer? Does Cafe al Bacio offer ginger tea or should I bring my own?

Thanks!

Congratulations! Our last cruise on the Summit they had real ginger beer. I believe several cocktails call for it, one being the Dark n' Stormy, which I like a lot. 

Edited by bermadu22
typo

2 hours ago, CardRock said:

I think you are only allowed to bring on sodas and wines for consumption on embarkation, not while in port.  Anything brought back from port will be held till last night.  Aren't Mules usually made with ginger Beer and not ginger Ale?   

Not true.  We have many times brought back a half dozen cans of Diet Pepsi back onboard at several ports.  Coke products are only served on the ships and my son tolerates it, but prefers Pepsi.  If we find it in port, we bring it back.

Wine bought in port or liquor gets held.

Edited by CruisersTimesThree
  • Like 1

You won’t be anywhere near 24 weeks if you just found out you are pregnant so no worries about telling crew. You might try ginger chew candies or get some ginger for baking. I love that stuff - eat it every day.

We have cruised with friends and the wife loves ginger beer.  She has been able to obtain it on Celebrity ships, but I think sometimes has to go to more than one bar to get it.  And, if my memory is correct, isn't there one of the non-alcohol drinks which has ginger beer as an ingredient?  

We were on the Equinox in November and they definitely had Ginger Beer.  Maybe get a couple of cans to keep in the cooler in the room?

You might consider bringing Ginger Tea with you and maybe some crystallized ginger which should be strong enough to settle your stomach.  I'd also suggest getting some crackers from the buffet and keep them beside the bed.  I found that putting something in my stomach before I got out of bed helped so much.

Congratulations and enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1