London Arrival. Blackberry cars

MSEm

We arrived today for our British Isles Explorer Cruise.  Used Blackberry Car for transfer from London Heathrow to Hotel.  Had to send email to Blackberry Car.  Got message from driver to met him Short term parking Lot on Level 4.  We were at the stated meeting spot of WHSmith in Terminal3. If you are using Blackberry Car, make sure you can use your cell phone to contact them or to receive messages.

Tomorrrow to the Churchill War Rooms.

MSEM, Glad to hear that you are now safely ensconced in London.  Enjoy you visit to the Churchill War Rooms.  We depart  from home tomorrow mid day for our ATL to LHR  flight tomorrow night. Due to land before noon and move to our hotel via Viking Transfer,  We will see you aboard ship at the M & M.

Senior Gators 

1 hour ago, MSEm said:

We arrived today for our British Isles Explorer Cruise.  Used Blackberry Car for transfer from London Heathrow to Hotel.  Had to send email to Blackberry Car.  Got message from driver to met him Short term parking Lot on Level 4.  We were at the stated meeting spot of WHSmith in Terminal3. If you are using Blackberry Car, make sure you can use your cell phone to contact them or to receive messages.

That's scary!  We've reserved a Blackberry car for transport at the end of our British Isles cruise in July--from Greenwich port to Heathrow.  Their email correspondence made it sound like they aren't that familiar with the Greenwich port area.  Yikes!

On 5/7/2019 at 1:29 PM, MSEm said:

Wow! that's poor customer service. Every time we book a limo/car for airport pick-up, they are waiting at arrivals with our name on a tablet/sheet of paper.

On arrival UK, we don't have a functioning cell phone until we pick up a UK Sim card.

Enjoy the War Rooms tour.

if you're embarking in Greenwich and using Blackberry Cars just tell them you're going to the Cutty Sark as its literally the single best landmark for reference.  unfortunately there's no option for vehicle transportation to get right to the top of the embarkation (tender) platform so it will be a short walk from the car drop.  i did this last year and had no issues, although the drive in from LHR is a bit long depending on traffic but its a lot easier and definitely not a bad price in comparison to other options.

I did see a SIM card vending machine in the Terminal 3 departures as we were walking toward baggage claim.

Using Credit Card with chip a lot.  Insert card, print paper and sign.  Very easy.

I decided to cancel our reservation with Blackberry for transfer from Greenwich pier to LHR and went with the more expensive Smiths for Airports.  I read a number of very positive remarks about them, and they seemed very familiar with the Greenwich area.  They were still cheaper than the Viking airport transfer and we could leave a little later for our 2:00 pm flight.

14 hours ago, MSEm said:

I did see a SIM card vending machine in the Terminal 3 departures as we were walking toward baggage claim.

Using Credit Card with chip a lot.  Insert card, print paper and sign.  Very easy.

Affirmative, we have seen them in the airports as well. We tend to avoid getting a SIM card at the airport, as better options are often available on the high street or grocery stores. 

I should have typed Arrivals for Terminal 3.

Blackberry cars did send me a text or email with link to trace car.  Also gave a description and sent taxi license and tag number for the vehicle that picked us up.  Like getting the description and tag number. Check both before we loaded luggage and got in car.

Just got back from day at Bletchely Park.  Tomorrow to the ship!!!