Online checkin

We are taking a RCL cruise in July our first for a while, ( been cruising with Celebrity)

The online check in now allows us to upload photos, do they use this for or will we still have photos taken at the port?  for some time they ask for the payment details on line for the onboard purchases but still take it again at the port, why is that?

I'm wondering if the check in at the port is any quicker?

was the door access on indy upgraded with the recent overall?  and use touch rather than dip access?  do they use WOW bands? or have they now been done away with even on the newer ships?

If you take a photo and it meets their requirements you can skip the photo at the port. If you don't attach a photo or if it doesn't meet their requirements they'll just take a quick photo at the port.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bogofman said:

We are taking a RCL cruise in July our first for a while, ( been cruising with Celebrity)

The online check in now allows us to upload photos, do they use this for or will we still have photos taken at the port?  for some time they ask for the payment details on line for the onboard purchases but still take it again at the port, why is that?

They do not record the number from your card during online check-in. At the pier they will swipe whatever card you give them and that will be the card that your onboard expenses are charged to.

I'm wondering if the check in at the port is any quicker?

was the door access on indy upgraded with the recent overall?  and use touch rather than dip access?  do they use WOW bands? or have they now been done away with even on the newer ships?

I don't believe Indy uses WOW bands. I think they still have the swipe readers.