Single / Solo cabin

As in a studio cabin? Depends on the ship, not all ships have studio cabins, and the ones that do often can sell out quickly. You can book a single traveler in any room, however, it doesn't have to be a studio cabin.

In our past experience it has almost always been cheaper to book a standard room with the single supplement rather than get a studio, and you get the benefit of double C&A points that way.

• Like 2

I'm assuming Anthem to replace Independence? I see Studio Interior (2W) and Studio Oceanview Balcony (2F) available on most of them. Search for your cruise like normal, make sure to select 1 adult 0 children, and then select the type of stateroom. For Anthem the studio options are either balcony or interior. Find the studio option (2W or 2F). But this is sort of like what I was saying:

Aug 30 cruise it's over 4,000 pounds for a studio interior and only 1,800 for a regular interior. That's after the double price for the single supplement. 

RCCL_UK_Studio.PNG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, awestover89 said:

As in a studio cabin? Depends on the ship, not all ships have studio cabins, and the ones that do often can sell out quickly. You can book a single traveler in any room, however, it doesn't have to be a studio cabin.

In our past experience it has almost always been cheaper to book a standard room with the single supplement rather than get a studio, and you get the benefit of double C&A points that way.

Yes this is true.  Also studio cabins are much smaller.  I find an interior is very comfortable for one .  

2 hours ago, squadron said:

Also studio cabins are much smaller.  I find an interior is very comfortable for one

I've sailed in both Royal's and NCL's studio cabins.  They are equally small but adequate for the purposes of sleeping.  Royal's may be slightly smaller due to the bathroom being a walled-off section of the room.  With the amount of public space on these larger ships, there's not much else you need to use the cabin for, especially if sailing with other people that she'll be hanging out with.

For the OP - The problem you run into with Royal is that there are so few studio cabins on the ships that have them (look at the Quantum-class ships for these - Quantum, Anthem, Ovation, Spectrum) they go fast and may not be inexpensive.  These ships have 18 or so studio inside cabins (2 on each deck on most hotel decks), I'm not sure how many balcony they have but they were definitely pricey...

The Quantum class has 12 studio balcony cabins on decks 6 and 7. Because of their locations a 8 of them (the forwardmost 2 cabins on each side) have a balcony that is a bit bigger than normal. The location is very near the lifts as well which makes them rather convenient.