Specialty Dinning

Assuming you are asking about the steakhouse on Royal Caribbean ships (as you have other posts on that board/roll calls):

The RCI website classifies Chops (and some of its other specialty restaurants) as "Prix Fixe" meaning a set number of choices from a set number of courses. However, they do offer an "unlimited dining package" described as such:

Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining Package! For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing. And as an added perk, this unlimited package also applies to lunch at specialty restaurants on sea days. Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants..

You are advised by the website to check your Cruise Portal for the Specialty Dining packages (and their prices) available on your particular sailing.

Also of course to repost this question on the RCI boards so someone with a bit more experience on that line than me (which would be pretty much everyone there) can give you an even better response. As I could neither recall nor find the answer to the obvious question: if you do not purchase the Unlimited Dining Package, can you purchase an extra course at an a la carte price in Chops?

Just off Jewel.  Chops menu says unlimited on sides but $10 for an additional entree.  Lobster and some other special dish that I can't recall, also carries an extra charge.  Not sure how this applies for the predictable specials as Fishywood describes. 

Recently on Grandeur in March and ate at Chops twice, the 1st time we've done this.  Had a great deal, BOGO.  You can order more than one appetizer and dessert.  Limited to one entree without being charged extra.  I had 4 appetizers and 2 desserts.  Portions are larger than in the MDR and it was worth the cost.

Thank you for the great information.  I am very new to Cruise Critic and really not sure which board/lane to stay in...

I am thing about buying the “BOGO” offer on RCL Ovation that is on right now for 30% off.  You must go to Chops as one of your choices.  My daughter really want go to the Wonderland Speciality restaurant so that would be our second choice.