Inside Central Park room

Saw this as an option- would save $3,000 to do an inside Central Park versus ocean balcony and we could have adjoining rooms.  It looks like these rooms do get natural light and don't feel as enclosed, but how important would a balcony be and how is the location?  Thoughts?

Has anyone ever gone from only doing balcony to one of these and felt ok?  I enjoy my balcony but wondering if it would be worth saving the money and I could lounge other places.

Edited by zeppgirl

Only you can say how important a balcony would be.  

I personally only use my room for sleeping / showering / changing clothes.  I don't "hang out" there for long periods of time. I spend my "hanging out" time on the pool deck during the day and out and about with friends in the evening. Paying more money just to have a balcony would be pointless for me. 

Other people spend the bulk of their day sitting on their balcony -- they read, nap, watch the ocean go by, etc.  Paying more money to have a balcony is vital to their enjoyment of their vacation.  

How do YOU spend your vacation?  Out and about with other people, or shut off away from other people?  Neither way is right, neither way is better -- it just matters what will best suit YOUR vacation needs.

36 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Sitting on the CP balcony in the evenings and listening to the live, soft music below is so nice!

But the OP is talking about the difference between an OCEAN balcony and a CP INSIDE (window, not balcony... like a Promenade room).  

A CP balcony isn't one of the things being discussed here. 

I was looking at the 3 options, but mainly debating ocean balcony and window.  Ocean balcony is $3,000 more than Central Park window, and Central Park balcony is $2,000 more than the window.

25 minutes ago, zeppgirl said:

I was looking at the 3 options, but mainly debating ocean balcony and window.  Ocean balcony is $3,000 more than Central Park window, and Central Park balcony is $2,000 more than the window.

Similar pricing difference on our Harmony cruise.  We booked Central Park Interior as it seems like it'll be nice to have a window to the outside with the pricing of an interior room.  It's quite a jump for us as well to ocean view and even more to balcony room, and it's a great option over a regular interior.  We like the promenade rooms, which are similar in that you get a window and extra seating area, but Central Park looks out to Central Park vs Promenade.  The room as well is a bit bigger than than other standard rooms (probably because of the bay window and seating).  Looking forward to trying it.

Let us know what you decide.

Edited by LuCruise

We have had balconies (exterior) and CP balconies, and enjoy both.  CP is very chill.  However, they do have musicians playing chill music sometimes in the evenings, so if you're in a window you might be closer to the music.  I don't remember it ever being late at night though.