Carnival Sunrise pictures (second sailing)

Ship looks great!   Photos of the various areas are great too!  

I will not ask how you managed to get photos of the shows since on my last Carnival sailing if someone even looked like they were about to take a photo of the show one of the staff members sought them out and discouraged it.

MARAPRINCE

4 hours ago, beacha said:

We never spoke to our steward, so we didn’t get an ice bucket. I would have been disgusted by the beer bucket.

Guys Pig and Anchor was open for lunch at least one day. We walked by it.

Lido was bright and we found seats, but at breakfast, the lines were long. I sat at a table while my husband got our food, and it took about 15 minutes for him to come back.

We did not use the internet.

4 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

Are those individual chairs lined up in the main theater? And no tables? It cannot possibly be the way they will leave it. What a nightmare putting those back into rows after every show and people have moved them every which way.

Thats the same way it is on Sunshine, Vista and Horizon. 

6 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I see the new seating without tables in main theater.  I heard this was a big issue for people.  What was your experience?

we didn't sit in the floor area, as we preferred the unobstructed views from the elevated seats. We actually prefer the smaller theater - more intimate, better lines of sight overall. As we saw with the new productions, they can also rearrange the floor area to accommodate props, etc to bring the performers and show into the audience.

2 hours ago, vegasgal47 said:

Thank you so much for the wonder pictures!  I can't wait until I go (October).  

Question - did they ever serve lobster in the dining room for dinner or is that an extra fee?

Thanks!

You're welome! Glad you like them They served lobster tail at no additional charge on the first formal night.

4 hours ago, Maraprince said:

Ship looks great!   Photos of the various areas are great too!  

I will not ask how you managed to get photos of the shows since on my last Carnival sailing if someone even looked like they were about to take a photo of the show one of the staff members sought them out and discouraged it.

MARAPRINCE

Yeah, back in the day they really discouraged the pictures but I noticed they stopped caring a few years back.

6 hours ago, Phil_and_Cyndi said:

I saw this on another Sunrise review, is this true?

• No ice bucket. When we asked for ice we received an uncovered plastic tub for which they sell multiple beers full of ice in our cabin.  No tongs no cover, just a tub of ice. Bless her heart she brought it every day.
  • Guys Pig and Anchor was not open for business.
  • Lido was bright and large. Congested and very very long lines for no apparent reason.
  • The expensive WI/FI was not working for anyone. Was non-existent or spotty at best. No refunds.

I read that review, and it sounds like the first Sunrise cruise had similar hiccups to the ones I experienced on the first cruise on the Elation after it had come out of its two-month dry dock. Here was our experience on the second cruise:

- we were proactively offered a real ice bucket by our room steward; he kept it filled daily.

- Guys Pig and Anchor was definitely open; we were one of the first on the ship and raced up there to check it out. We could have been its first real customers! I'm sure they had to have had a soft opening with employees before us though 😉

- Lido buffet was the same size it's always been on this class of ship, but yes breakfast and lunch lines **at the buffet** were longer because the ship was at max capacity (with more cabins too). That said, if you were in a hurry or impatient, for lunch you could almost always grab pizza, a guy's burger, a taco / burrito at Blue Iguana, or a bowl of noodle soup at Lucky Bowl with little or no wait. Lucky Bowl had quick but weird breakfast offerings if you felt like trying something new. Lines for dessert were managed well too!

- we had the mid-tier WiFi package and noticed that it was substantially faster on this ship throughout the entire cruise than on previous Carnival cruises. I'd never call it 'instant' or 'speedy' but it did the job and we were very satisfied with it. 

- per that review of the first cruise, they must have fixed or cleaned up the majority of what was originally unfinished, because by the time we got on everything was immaculate and in working order (except for the Cruise Cam and location map on the cabin TVs.) The aft pool ice machine wasn't working for the first two days, but after  that it was fine. That's it!

- Having never sailed the Triumph, I never felt like I was on an old ship that had received a face lift. At least 90% of everything looked and felt brand new, so we really had to look around and scrutinize to notice some leftover flooring, doorknobs, etc from the original ship. The least inspiring update was the Atrium - it didn't feel old at all but it was a little bland. 

- we made a point of going into the piano bar when another live band was playing at Red Frog a few yards away. Incredibly, with the Piano Bar's door closed we couldn't hear the other live band. 

Loved the cruise, the ship, and the staff. Would definitely sail again, with the knowledge that areas of the ship can get pretty crowded. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sararebekahquinn said:

Your pictures were amazing!  My family of 4 just sat around the computer together looking at the pictures and getting excited about our trip next month!  Thank you so much!!!!

Thank you - this made my day 🙂

15 hours ago, newpherchris said:

or a bowl of noodle soup at Lucky Bowl with little or no wait. Lucky Bowl had quick but weird breakfast offerings

What exactly is Lucky Bowl?  I've never seen a Lucky Bowl on any of the Carnival ships I've been on.  Is it at the buffet?  or separate like the Seafood Shack?  Just curious what other kinds of food they offer.