Skagen, Denmark

Does anyone have suggestions for things to do or tours in Skagen? We will be there one day (June 10th). There are only 4 options through the cruise line. We are leaning toward Vooregard Castle, but still undecided. Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...

I read the link provided by @hallasm but admit that I'm a little confused about Skagen. We are travelling with someone with mobility issues, and I can't figure out where the ship docks (we're on the Brilliance, and will be in Skagen on 25 June. The things we're most interested in seeing are: the gray lighthouse/Skagen Bunkermuseum, the sand-buried church, and the Skagen art museum.

I think we have to get on the S1 bus, go North for 3-4 stops for the lighthouse and bunker museum (Grenen bus stop), then get back on the S1 going South and take it to Flagbakkevej bus stop. At some point we can take it back north again and spend time in the Skagen Museum before getting back on the ship. 

My questions are: 

1) What is the closest buss (S1) station to where the ship will dock? Skagen Station? 

2) Is there a shuttle that will take us from the port to Skagen Station? (my mom has trouble walking long distances)

3) Which should we try to do first to avoid crowds as much as possible?

4) Does this sound reasonable for 7am-4pm? Is there something else you'd recommend?

The bus stop for Cruise passengers is ‘Havnepladsen’  - there is a free shuttle from the pier to the bus stop.

I would prioritize the art museum and a visit to ‘Grenen’ - from the bus stop there is a shuttle ‘Sandormen’  to the tip.

There is a 15 minutes. Walk from Flagbakkevej bus stop to the sand buried church.

It’s an 30 minutes easy walk from the church back to town

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 10:54 PM, lamb616 said:

I'd be interested to hear if OP did Voergaard Castle!  We booked it for July.

I did the castle and pastry tour - not a true castle, tour lasts about 50 minutes and you can not take pictures inside....but here’s one fron outside 

A4710A87-A8BC-40F8-8DEC-54401B55EC73.jpeg

61722CBD-6FBA-4131-992F-1A5428C8596A.jpeg

4A41D7BB-C406-40F2-BE5A-E70FA041331C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 12:11 PM, Kidminder said:

I did the castle and pastry tour - not a true castle, tour lasts about 50 minutes and you can not take pictures inside....but here’s one fron outside 

A4710A87-A8BC-40F8-8DEC-54401B55EC73.jpeg

61722CBD-6FBA-4131-992F-1A5428C8596A.jpeg

4A41D7BB-C406-40F2-BE5A-E70FA041331C.jpeg

Hi there,

we did it last week.  :) 

We were allowed to take pictures inside.