coco cay balloon?

5 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

How is this ballon different from the one at Disney Springs? It just goes up and around, for about 15 bucks.

Quite a different viewing experience between the two venues.

People pay for the view experience on this kind of activity...and Coco Cay's would be considerably different than the Disney one (which we did last year). It's why we booked it the other day for our Coco Cay cruise later this year...it's nominally similar but certainly not the same.

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wow, I wonder if ours is so much higher because it is a spring break cruise. 

Just checked for the first time -   

28.99USD Adult

$17.99USD Child

I can't see the attraction, the ship is docked close by, will it be higher than the ship?  Or Northstar such an equipped ship is there?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Just checked for the first time -   

28.99USD Adult

$17.99USD Child

I can't see the attraction, the ship is docked close by, will it be higher than the ship?  Or Northstar such an equipped ship is there?

Northstar is 300 feet above sea level in a glass observation pod that holds about 14 people.

Hot Air balloon on Coco Cay is 400 feet above sea level in an open-air gondola that holds about 20-44 people (except for safety netting).

We've done Northstar...and wouldn't even consider these close to the same thing.

9 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Northstar is 300 feet above sea level in a glass observation pod that holds about 14 people.

Hot Air balloon on Coco Cay is 400 feet above sea level in an open-air gondola that holds about 20-44 people (except for safety netting).

We've done Northstar...and wouldn't even consider these close to the same thing.

How silly of me, they are clearly very different!    :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Just now, BillOh said:

How silly of me, they are clearly very different!    :classic_biggrin:

🙂  "Similar but different" would be a fair way to describe them. We see your point though that a Quantum ship with Northstar in port at Coco Cay might be a nice (free) alternative, and also fun view. That assumes they'd have Northstar up in the air while docking there...which is a reasonable possibility.

For 8/25/19 HOS sailing, I had it booked at $59 for 4 people. Rebooked at $55 and it has been that way for a couple of months.

I just canceled it altogether. Just not worth $220 for my family for 10 minutes.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Quite a different viewing experience between the two venues.

People pay for the view experience on this kind of activity...and Coco Cay's would be considerably different than the Disney one (which we did last year). It's why we booked it the other day for our Coco Cay cruise later this year...it's nominally similar but certainly not the same.

Does it go higher or do anything differently than the Disney Springs one? I understand its for a view and that its for a different view  than of Disney. That does not explain the extreme  price difference. 59 is a lot for a view. I will fly over in a plane.

3 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Does it go higher or do anything differently than the Disney Springs one? I understand its for a view and that its for a different view  than of Disney. That does not explain the extreme  price difference. 59 is a lot for a view. I will fly over in a plane.

Answered that in Post #28.

Also, just booked for $28.99 per adult, $17.99 per child...so the price varies prior to cruise departure and deals can be achieved.

2 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Ugh, I hate the price variability but will plan on doing it if I can get it for the lower price and skipping it if not.  Then again not everyone I love loves heights like I do so it may just be deciding if I want to go solo!

The "bouncy bouncy" pricing on various "optional services" indeed frustrates plenty of people...as demonstrated by the various threads and posts on that topic for specific items. Since we got it for 3 adults and 1 child for about $100...we figured "why not?".

Much like other things offered...our approach is to at least try it once (at a reasonable cost) and then determine if we'll ever do it again. So far... iFly, FlowRider, ZipLine, and Rock Climbing Wall have all been tried...and they are absolutely repeat candidates here.

12 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

The "bouncy bouncy" pricing on various "optional services" indeed frustrates plenty of people...as demonstrated by the various threads and posts on that topic for specific items. Since we got it for 3 adults and 1 child for about $100...we figured "why not?".

Much like other things offered...our approach is to at least try it once (at a reasonable cost) and then determine if we'll ever do it again. So far... iFly, FlowRider, ZipLine, and Rock Climbing Wall have all been tried...and they are absolutely repeat candidates here.

Agreed though I am hoping they end this whole dynamic pricing model.  I want to know what prices are and buy if I want and not think about it again.  And I get I can still do that, but knowing I could save money by paying attention makes me more involved and the problem is if someone hears so and so got such and such for x low price, everyone will be checking constantly to see if they too can get that price.  Even if it was seasonal pricing that would be easier to track and more align with everything else in the industry, you know you'll pay more for certain places in high season, but with cruising, "high season" depends on ship, date and route!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

We can book a Southwest flight for the price they’re charging on the 3 night cruise next weekend. $74.00 is ridiculously high. I’m sending 1 in the family up just to get some good pictures and video. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

All those activities you listed are free, so they are indeed reasonable. The price of this excursion is way too high for a view for me. Zero interest in this sedentary activity.I will stick to something else.

3 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

All those activities you listed are free, so they are indeed reasonable. The price of this excursion is way too high for a view for me. Zero interest in this sedentary activity.I will stick to something else.

Then again...having a full day with the family spending a grand total of $88/person for a cabana, all water-park activities  (included), bottled water, towels, food, personal attendant,  balloon ride, and beach...seems like a very nominal price to pay for that enjoyment and memories. We're darn well worth it.

6 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Then again...having a full day with the family spending a grand total of $88/person for a cabana, all water-park activities  (included), bottled water, towels, food, personal attendant,  balloon ride, and beach...seems like a very nominal price to pay for that enjoyment and memories. We're darn well worth it.

Your price for the waterpark is great and seems reasonable but we were talking about the ballon. I guess I spend too much time in small planes to appreciate this excursion. I am sure you will enjoy it if you enjoyed the Disney one.

12 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

Your price for the waterpark is great and seems reasonable but we were talking about the ballon. I guess I spend too much time in small planes to appreciate this excursion. I am sure you will enjoy it if you enjoyed the Disney one.

Yeah - $100 for 4 of us in the balloon seemed reasonable. I', sure my 6 year old grandson will remember it the most for years to come. I'll likely be pre-occupied with "photo duty". 😁

On 5/14/2019 at 6:33 PM, brillohead said:

Mariner 3-day and 4-day in September are showing $28.99 USD for adult and $17.99 USD for child.

Just checked again, and these two cruises are now showing $30.99 USD for adult and $18.99 USD for child.