Has Princess had a personality transplant?

AlibearNS

You were unfortunate enough to get one phone rep with a bad attitude and you are wondering if Princess has had a 'personality transplant'????  Really???  You could talk to any business on any given day and get a phone rep having a bad day, as they say.  You know phone reps are lowest on the totem poles.  I'd never want their job but a job is a job, even if performed badly. I wouldn't blame the entire Princess organization for one phone rep.  Seriously.

Edited by Diver2014
  • Like 1

Sometimes people have problems which show up in their attitude or behaviour when you are dealing with them.  The trick is not to make their problems your problems.    The real secret to dealing with difficult people is in dealing with yourself.  Probably best to just move on and send an email to the Princess customer relations email address.  Makes no sense to let someone you don't know or will ever meet present you with a high level of aggravation.

Edited by hobbyfarmer2
Spellcheck

On 5/16/2019 at 1:27 PM, ldubs said:

No disagreement.   The sad fact is with social media that one CSR having a bad day can have a very negative impact to an otherwise good customer service operation.  Bad experiences have a much larger multiplier effect that good ones.   

On 5/16/2019 at 1:12 PM, Dani24 said:

a one day cruise isn't comparable to a 7+ day cruise (and thus you need to be realistic about your expectations)

Sorry, I disagree.

Customer service on the phone after as cruise should be good for all cruises, whether it is a one day cruise or a 111 day world cruise.

I expect good customer service no matter how little or how much I have cruised. That is my expectation.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 9:54 AM, Dani24 said:

I'm sorry your trip turned out poorly -- even if it was for only one night.

I would imagine that it's hard to consistently nail service, food, etc. on a one-nighter. Even on a 7+ day cruise you may have one day where a bunch of things go wrong, or your wait staff/steward is off their game, or the food isn't prepared as well that night. But then you have 6+ other days where things were at least fine, if not great. On a one nighter, if things are bad they're bad, and if things are fine they're fine. There's no room for recovery.

I imagine too that these one nighters are difficult on the crew. Turnaround day tends to be the hardest day for the crew. And with a one nighter they get two hard days in a row.

As for the customer service staff, I don't know what may have transpired there. But with the background noise issue I do know that many call centers these days use noise-cancelling headsets. The group I help oversee includes our customer service department on 25 people. They all work onsite only. But they also all have noise-canceling headsets to ensure privacy and less distraction for our customers. So that's not something that I think should be relevant to whatever other concerns you have.

I actually had the same experience 5 years ago on a one nighter .

Sorry you seem to have hit the wrong agent or that the agent was having a bad day. I had to call customer service recently, and I couldn't possibly have asked for a better agent or better handling of what I called for. Luck of the draw, I suppose.

17 hours ago, caribill said:

Sorry, I disagree.

Customer service on the phone after as cruise should be good for all cruises, whether it is a one day cruise or a 111 day world cruise.

I expect good customer service no matter how little or how much I have cruised. That is my expectation.

?? I think we are talking about two different things.   Anyway, I tend to agree.  

We were just on a 3 night repo on Star Princess, and overall had a very good experience. The 2 main negatives were grungy weather and unpleasant table mates, who fortunately did not return for the 2nd and 3rd night.