50th Anniversary / President's Cruise

My mom and I are considering booking the Presidents/50th Anniversary cruise on Nov 2nd.  We've never done a regular Presidents cruise and I imagine this year will be even more special since it's the 50th anniversary cruise as well.   

What are the pros/cons?  Is it worth the extra cost?   What are people's experiences with the regular yearly Presidents cruises?  

I am only turning Diamond after my next cruise so will we be left out of many "birthday/presidents celebrations" if we're only Emerald?  I am worried that all the venues or special events/concerts/gifts will be mostly for Diamond and up? 

Edited by danicolie

7 minutes ago, danicolie said:

My mom and I are considering booking the Presidents/50th Anniversary cruise on Nov 2nd.  We've never done a regular Presidents cruise and I imagine this year will be even more special since it's the 50th anniversary cruise as well.   

What are the pros/cons?  Is it worth the extra cost?   What are people's experiences with the regular yearly Presidents cruises?  

I am only turning Diamond after my next cruise so will we be left out of many "birthday/presidents celebrations" if we're only Emerald?  I am worried that all the venues or special events/concerts/gifts will be mostly for Diamond and up? 

There are no cabins below an Owners suite left to book 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

54 minutes ago, danicolie said:

My TA has a block of insides reserved.  

Then his/her prices may be reasonable.

Do you have the RC Visa card?  There are some events just for cardholders.

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Then his/her prices may be reasonable.

Do you have the RC Visa card?  There are some events just for cardholders.

The cost is about $400pp more than another date we're looking at.  I read that last year, Diamond and up got to see the special concert live in the theater while Emerald and below had to watch it broadcast on screen in the Aqua Theatre and Studio B.  To me, that's no different than watching a concert on YouTube at home and not a perk. 

I am wondering what those Emerald and below's experience has been like?  If the live concert is the only event they missed out on.  ie. If it's only worth it if you're Diamond and up.  

I am from Canada so no RC Visa card either. 😞

2 hours ago, danicolie said:

The cost is about $400pp more than another date we're looking at.  I read that last year, Diamond and up got to see the special concert live in the theater while Emerald and below had to watch it broadcast on screen in the Aqua Theatre and Studio B.  To me, that's no different than watching a concert on YouTube at home and not a perk. 

I am wondering what those Emerald and below's experience has been like?  If the live concert is the only event they missed out on.  ie. If it's only worth it if you're Diamond and up.  

I am from Canada so no RC Visa card either. 😞

Concert was lame. 

I did a live review of the cruise last year. Link is in my signature.

Visa card did help

• Like 2