Azura Riviera Deck noise from Lido

Paddcomp

I know this has been asked before, but it's reading the posts about noise from Lido deck in the mid ships that's concerning me.

We've booked a B2 suite as we wanted the extra space for a family of four and wanted everything to be perfect.  We tend to go to bed about 10:30 - 11:00 for the early starts on port days, so would like to be able to sleep.

Before deciding on the suite we looked at 2 balcony cabins, I'm now wondering if we should have booked these instead?  I see the posts about noise on Riviera suggests C Deck balcony cabins, and that these have double depth balconies.  Any one have any info on these?

The actual pools area of the Lido Deck is always going to generate noise through the day and early in the morning with dragging loungers about to line them up for passenger use.  Below the open deck area is a place to avoid being below in my opinion.  "C" deck cabins always sell fast because they all have larger than standard balcony sizes.  

If you follow the single cabin route, a Deluxe Balcony is one option, you get a sitting area with a double sofa bed in addition to the double bed or single beds.  Downside of this is that the parents end up in the sofa bed and the normal bed gets split down into singles for the children.

Alternate single cabin option upgrade to B4 suite or higher.

If you can get two neighbouring "C" deck balcony cabins the balcony divider can be opened upon request in most cases to give a longer balcony.  This applies on any neighbouring balcony cabins generally but on other decks they are not as deep.

A lot depends on ages of children and who's paying.  If it were me I would look at either cabins opposite side of corridor i.e. balcony and inside! or with older children subject to it being age permitted book the children anywhere else on the ship.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

52 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Just to let anyone know who’s worried about R deck, I’ve stayed forward on Rivera deck several times and there is no noise from above there.

That's because the forward cabins have Lido deck cabins above them,  the pool deck starts from cabins 314 and 311.

22 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

That's because the forward cabins have Lido deck cabins above them,  the pool deck starts from cabins 314 and 311.

Yes I realise the pool area isn't above that area. I was just making it clear in case some people thought all of Riveria deck was noisy!

Some friends of ours booked a Suite on Azura that was underneath the pool deck on Azura and said ‘never again’. They were woken very early every morning by the scraping noise of deck chairs being dragged around by the deck staff. As a rule, I will never book a cabin (of any type) that has any public area above, below or to either side of it.