NEXUS Disembarking in Vancouver

It might have been the cruise i was on (Pacific Coastal from LA, our first stop in Canada was actually Victoria) but there was no immigration/customs to go through.  Once I was off the ship it was a matter of making my way to the exit/ground transportation.

Don't take this as gospel, I just didn't have to go through it in my case.

1 minute ago, hallux said:

It might have been the cruise i was on (Pacific Coastal from LA, our first stop in Canada was actually Victoria) but there was no immigration/customs to go through.  Once I was off the ship it was a matter of making my way to the exit/ground transportation.

Don't take this as gospel, I just didn't have to go through it in my case.

Victoria is not an endpoint for cruises normally, was it just a port stop and you got back on and went elsewhere that night?

Vancouver is where cruses terminate and start.  Canadian customs getting off and US customs prior to embarkation.

I should have clarified, Victoria was just the first port in Canada, disembarkation was in Vancouver after we were docked at the pier overnight (arrived around 1:30 or 2 in the afternoon).  I don't recall showing my passport to anyone when I got off the ship, but the day was a blur so I may be forgetting something.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:46 AM, mrell345 said:

Is there a Nexus lane when disembarking at the Vancouver cruise port ?

20 hours ago, mrell345 said:

Vancouver is where cruses terminate and start.  Canadian customs getting off and US customs prior to embarkation.

OP, it looks like you are on a Princess cruise to Alaska? If so, then you will pre-clear US Customs (as you mentioned above ) in Vancouver, but when you port at a Canadian city prior to the end of your cruise, the ship is cleared there by local authorities. This negates having to go through Canadian Customs in Vancouver. So to answer your question, you won't need to use a Nexus line as there will be no Customs to clear when you disembark. 😊

Have fun.

1 hour ago, Langley Cruisers said:

OP, it looks like you are on a Princess cruise to Alaska? If so, then you will pre-clear US Customs (as you mentioned above ) in Vancouver, but when you port at a Canadian city prior to the end of your cruise, the ship is cleared there by local authorities. This negates having to go through Canadian Customs in Vancouver. So to answer your question, you won't need to use a Nexus line as there will be no Customs to clear when you disembark. 😊

Have fun.

we will be arriving from the north from all US ports.

^ All right, finally understood. You are on a one-way from Alaska to Vancouver with no Canadian ports. I checked the Port of Vancouver website, as well as a couple others, and there is no mention of a Nexus/Trusted Traveler kiosk or lane at Canada Place.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

I just came off a ship last week in Vancouver.  There was no Nexus line for debarking.  There was a line for embarking in Vancouver, however it was inconsistent whether it was operating on my visits.

Edited by xlxo