Attire. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Budget Queen

On 5/27/2019 at 2:06 PM, Robinsilver said:

Interesting that people don't check the 10 day forecast before they leave. I have been keeping my eye out, although we are not leaving for Vancouver until June 13th, the on the 16th for a 7 day cruise. Last week the temps were in the 70's. For the week coming up, the highs are in the 60's. As far as shorts and t-shirts, I see people getting off cruise ships in Florida, in the middle of winter, and getting on a flight to NY. People just think cruise=shorts and flip flops.Β 

Β  Β We will not dock in Icy Straight Point until 3:30 pm, then will leave at 10:00 pm I think. Hopefully it will be sunny so the 50's and 60's will feel warmer. But, I am going to be prepared with layers and rain jackets. Thanks for the reminder about binoculars, now I have to see if we have any around.

Β 

Β 

I had the 10 day forecast from Cruiseoutlook for 11 night Ovation. They missed almost everything precruise. Hubbard was warmer, everything was warmer, the only real rain we saw was in the afternoon is ISP.

15 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Β 

I had the 10 day forecast from Cruiseoutlook for 11 night Ovation. They missed almost everything precruise. Hubbard was warmer, everything was warmer, the only real rain we saw was in the afternoon is ISP.

I look on Weather.com, same as I do for home. Of course sometimes the temperatures change, but it's usually fairly accurate, more often that the days of rain will change, sometimes earlier, sometimes later, but high and low temps are pretty accurate.Β 

Β 

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2019 at 10:14 PM, snplw said:

We are on the Jewel, tentatively, Sept 2020.Β  We had thought about winter boots, from the northeast.Β  So we would be good with just some decent insulated hiking boots?Β  Even out on deck and balcony?Β  That would save on considerable weight.

If you are not planning to take an excursion, which would put you ON A GLACIER, there really shouldn't be any need for insulated boots, simply waterproof ones.Β  If they are all you have, then by all means they will be more than sufficient for on the ship.Β Β