1st time in SPA cabin. Tips/info for Magic please!

Momma1980

Upgraded to spa balcony on our upcoming Magic cruise.

We will have 4 people in cabin so we will appreciate the ability to use the spa showers to cut down on the congestion in the cabin if we all need to get ready at once.  How many showers are available in the spa? Are they usually more in demand  at certain times? I imagine sea days are busier.  

Do do we have to wear spa bracelets/wristbands the entire cruise?  Is it a pain to just dip into the spa area for a short time then pop out again for a drink and re-enter?

Can we choose which 2 of the 4 cabin occupants get spa access? (Website states “first two booked”)

I hope the upgrade is worth it.  Have never had a cabin in this ultra-high, ultra-forward location before.  

Any help/tips are appreciated.  Thanks:)

The two people who paid the higher fares will get the included access to the thermal suite. They give you a rubber wristband, but you only have to wear it when you go to the thermal suite area. I cruised on Magic twice last year in a spa balcony and half the time I forgot to wear the wristband. No one ever said anything to me about it. Your S&S card opens the doors to the thermal suite, so it’s not like you can sneak into the area unless you follow someone else in before the door closes. 

You can enter and leave the thermal suite area as many times as you want. There are steps and an elevator in the spa area that take you to the Serenity area, which is where  the closest bar is located. The  best part of the thermal suite is the thalassotherapy pool.  Still don’t understand why they built Vista class ships without one. 

I have never seen more than one person at a time use a shower in the spa area or fitness area on any ship. 

I was in a spa balcony cabin on the Breeze.  There was a back entrance to the spa area that we used all the time.  There were 4 women in the cabin (which is why we booked a spa cabin).  The shower door was immediately inside the back door.  Each night 2 of us would use the showers in the spa and the other 2 would use the cabin (first 2 that were ready went to the spa).  There were 2 showers, one of which was handicap accessible.  There were never any other people  using the showers.  It worked great for us.  We didn't use any of the other spa facilities, we only wanted the showers.

We were in a spa interior on the Splendor and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  We only had two in the room so I can't address the "who gets the pass" issue.  

I had never been forward before but it was great.  My sister usually tries to book mid ship due to seasick issues and she had no problems.  We loved the Elemis products in our room (they dole them out, so be forewarned).  But mainly we loved the location to everything, which might be specific to the Splendor.  The Thallossotherapy pool was awesome as well as the classes and discounts on spa services. 

I'd do it again in a hot minute.  Have fun!

5 hours ago, rufflesmom said:

I was in a spa balcony cabin on the Breeze.  There was a back entrance to the spa area that we used all the time.  There were 4 women in the cabin (which is why we booked a spa cabin).  The shower door was immediately inside the back door.  Each night 2 of us would use the showers in the spa and the other 2 would use the cabin (first 2 that were ready went to the spa).  There were 2 showers, one of which was handicap accessible.  There were never any other people  using the showers.  It worked great for us.  We didn't use any of the other spa facilities, we only wanted the showers.

Did the other 2 women buy the Spa package as only 2 per cabin are allowed to use the Spa. The gym area has a male and female locker room with showers. 

10 minutes ago, coevan said:

Did the other 2 women buy the Spa package as only 2 per cabin are allowed to use the Spa. The gym area has a male and female locker room with showers. 

No, only 2 women used the spa showers each night.  We did not use any other spa facilities at all.  The ladies shower room (not for the gym but for the spa) was literally right inside the back door (on deck 11) so we never went in thru the front door. 

I could be wrong but there is only one access to the Cloud 9 Spa and you have to check in at the desk. The door you are talking about sounds like the public showers, where they male and female steam room too. 

We were on the Magic last year and upgraded to a spa balcony on deck 11. We loved it! You have spa access from the deck so you don't have to go in through the main spa entrance everyone else uses. I always use the showers in the gym locker rooms, even without  spa cabin so that won't be an issue regardless of who has the spa package for your room. The access, as others have mentioned, gets you access to the thermal suites. If you go forward on your deck to the glass elevator that leads to the Serenity Deck and the spa you can exit the elevator and go right past the desk there to the thermal suites. It's a great location for spa, Serenity, and Lido access.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:00 PM, coevan said:

I could be wrong but there is only one access to the Cloud 9 Spa and you have to check in at the desk. The door you are talking about sounds like the public showers, where they male and female steam room too. 

There is an elevator and spiral stairs far forward that leads up from Deck 11 to Decks 12 and 14 (ha-ha really Deck 13).  If you use those you would come up by the public showers on Deck 12 and if you continue up to Deck 14 you are near the spa showers.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:00 PM, coevan said:

No it was the spa.  We were on the Breeze not the Magic but they are the same class ship.  The layout might be different but there was a back entrance.  It was hidden but we found it.  There were steps that came down from deck 12 and the thassollotherapy pool.

10 hours ago, rufflesmom said:

No it was the spa.  We were on the Breeze not the Magic but they are the same class ship.  The layout might be different but there was a back entrance.  It was hidden but we found it.  There were steps that came down from deck 12 and the thassollotherapy pool.

I recall the same on the Magic. I can't recall the details exactly, but it sounds like what you are describing. We were in cabin 12022.

53 minutes ago, evandbob said:

If anyone wants the skin exfoliation kit, they won't find it in their cabin.  You have to ask for it at the spa desk.

What is this skin exfoliation of which you speak? 🤔 is this something included with the spa rooms?

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:25 AM, LuckyStar said:

We were in a spa interior on the Splendor and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  We only had two in the room so I can't address the "who gets the pass" issue.  

I had never been forward before but it was great.  My sister usually tries to book mid ship due to seasick issues and she had no problems.  We loved the Elemis products in our room (they dole them out, so be forewarned).  But mainly we loved the location to everything, which might be specific to the Splendor.  The Thallossotherapy pool was awesome as well as the classes and discounts on spa services. 

I'd do it again in a hot minute.  Have fun!

I'm booked in an Oceanview stateroom 1004 on the Splendor for a 4-night cruise out of Sydney in November 2020.

Please does the thalassotherapy pool have a solid handrail going down into the pool?

Handicapped and use a Rollator for independent mobility. I was considering parking the Rollator beside the pool-I've seen a photo which seems to show room to stow the Rollator while I'm in the pool. I have a pair of vinyl sandals that I will wear for safety-a bad habit of slipping on wet floors has me rather wary-ok PARANOID about hurting myself and spoiling my cruise.

Also, do they have the elemis products for sale in the Spa? I know Australian pricing will be different, but the company making the brand of hand cream I use, has been closed down permanently. So I'm looking for another option.

2 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

What is this skin exfoliation of which you speak? 🤔 is this something included with the spa rooms?

It is listed in the spa room amenities, but it is not in the cabin.....you have to ask for it at the spa desk.  Consists of a small jar of exfoliant gritty stuff and a small loufa type finger sponge.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, five. said:

I recall the same on the Magic. I can't recall the details exactly, but it sounds like what you are describing. We were in cabin 12022.

We were on deck 11, toward the front of the ship.  We walked down the hallway to the very front and there was the door.