Outstanding customer service, what a compassionate company

deepblucru01

I do not want to go into too much specifics but I just wanted others to be aware of how well I was treated by MSC.

A little backstory...

We are scheduled to cruise next month and had everything booked and paid for several months prior for a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids). Sadly my 14 year old daughter unexpectedly passed away last month. Still grieving the loss of my wonderful daughter,  we were so close to deciding to forfeit the cruise. Realizing finally we didn't want our kids lives to go on hold, we decided to call MSC and request my mother-n-law to take the spot on the reservation. I don't want to mention anything in regards to price, but I feel I was handled with the upmost respect and the MSC representative found a solution that I believe was very fare and happy with given the circumstances.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

deepblucru01, my sincere condolences to you and your family; I cannot even imagine the pain.  I am so glad you decided to continue with your plans because I think you knew in your heart, she would have wanted you to, and she was with you in spirit. Cherish the memories ~

• Like 2

So sad to hear about your daughter and glad to hear that MSC were able to help you out. 

We had a similar thing happen in 2008 when my mother died a week before our very first cruise and a few weeks after my retirement from the Fire service, the cruise was on Ruby Princess, there was Ten of us on the cruise and as the funeral was not until after we got back we decided to continue with the cruise.

Hopefully you will have a great time and remember your daughter in a celebration on board.

Edited by sidari
  • Like 2

I am sorry for your loss, I don't want to even start imagining how unutterably awful this must be for you. I am very glad that MSC treated you with compassion - it is something we hear of all too seldom these days.

• Like 1