airport shuttle

Yes, it was like $30/person.  I actually found it cheaper to rent a car one way each leg.

So we (four of us) flew into FLL the night before the cruise and I picked a car up at the FLL airport and drove to the Courtyard by Marriott at the Miami airport that offered a room with a free shuttle service to the port.  We flew in, checked in, shopped a little, went out to dinner, dropped the family off at the hotel, then I turned the car in at the Miami airport and took the free Marriott shuttle back to my hotel. 

The next morning we took the free shuttle to the port (about a 25 minute ride). 

After the cruise we jumped on the free Avis shuttle which took us to 2nd ave Avis rental center right near the port.  I rented another car one way to FLL and we dropped the car off at the airport and checked in. 

We knew we wanted to stay the night before no matter what so the hotel costs was going to be part of it anyhow.

Totals:

Car from FLL to MIA airport = $45.

Hotel room with free shuttles (and breakfast) = $200.

Car from Port to FLL airport = $37.

For four people we were looking at $240 worth of shuttle service ($120 each way), so my rental car saved us about $158 dollars.  It was a little more hassle but worth the $$$ to us.  Plus we had a car to drive around Miami the day before the cruise so we could buy things like wine, suntan lotion and eat where we wanted.

Edited by PopeyeDaSailor

5 hours ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

does royal offer a shuttle from port of Miami to ft. Lauderdale airport/

Yes, we used it because we still had non refundable OBC. Total PIA,  waited close to a hour on the bus before it moved.  Never again as Uber X  was about $54 total  and they have a uber/shuttle holding area at the terminal. 

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Yes, we used it because we still had non refundable OBC. Total PIA,  waited close to a hour on the bus before it moved.  Never again as Uber X  was about $54 total  and they have a uber/shuttle holding area at the terminal. 

We also took a Uber X and wouldn’t hesitate to do so again.

Realy easy and excellent service.