Pinnacle Grill open for lunch on embarkation day?

Moriah

Anyone know? I don't remember ever being interested, but now I am... (I'll be on Amsterdam in August, in case that makes a difference)  Trying to plan my lunch reservations. I love eating lunch in the Pinnacle, but more on the Vistas than on the smaller ships.  Since on Amsterdam the Pinnacle has no windows, I'm not going to do it on "sea days" such as when we are at the glacier, etc. - but probably will on sea days where there isn't much to see... except... sea...  So thought I'd add embarkation day lunch, if that's even possible?

Edited by Moriah

The Main Dining Room Lunch is normally very good and a pleasant way to start your cruise.  On mist HAL ships, they will steer you to the Lido for lunch when you board, but ignore them and go to the MDR (Noon - about 1 PM only though).  Highly recommended.

Thanks everyone.  Yes, we usually do head to the MDR for what they used to call the "mariner's lunch" (is it still only Mariners that are allowed to have lunch in the MDR on embarkation day?) Anyway, I'm going to look at our itinerary and see when I can fit in Pinnacle lunches where lack of windows won't bother me much. Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Moriah said:

Thanks everyone.  Yes, we usually do head to the MDR for what they used to call the "mariner's lunch" (is it still only Mariners that are allowed to have lunch in the MDR on embarkation day?) Anyway, I'm going to look at our itinerary and see when I can fit in Pinnacle lunches where lack of windows won't bother me much. Thanks again!

Its no longer just for Mariners.  On most ships the Mariners are now offered a special reception around 2 or 3 PM, but sometimes this is only for higher star Mariners.