Chef's Table

abby1257

Hi there, my sister and I have been on a lot of cruises ...LOVE THE STEAKHOUSE...but have always wanted to try Chef's Table.  I am not a picky eater, enjoy trying new dishes, although...I don't enjoy any dish that is "raw or medium rare"....I wouldn't eat tartar....etc.  or medium rare red meat.  I don't like oysters or clams or escargot...(more a shrimp and crab seafood kinda girl)....Not sure what they serve....Would I enjoy the Chef's Table.

close your eyes and enjoy, it's all in your head. the portions are small and delicious, if you don't like a dish, there is no pressure to eat it. To us, the meal is well worth the cost.

I am also picky, texture issues. I Love the Chefs Table!!!! There was no uncooked meat as far as I remember. I don't like fish usually, but the sea bass dish was awesome. It was not raw. There is plenty of small dishes,so if you try and don't like, wait for the next one. We always meet people we end up meeting up with later in cruise to hang out with. I can not wait for a new menu!!!

I really enjoy the Chef's Table, and, like you, am a "picky" eater.  On our next cruise, (Conquest) this will be our 3rd Chef's Table.  You'll feel like a V.I.P. when you dine at the Chef's Table, guaranteed.  They will go out of their way to accommodate any food issues you may have. You'll want to make note of these when you make your reservation.  Enjoy!

My gosh I would never expect any dish outside of what is being served.  I was merely trying to get a feel for what people have been served at the Chef's Table.  That was all, thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

My gosh I would never expect any dish outside of what is being served.  I was merely trying to get a feel for what people have been served at the Chef's Table.  That was all, thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

Although this is from the Vista, I believe this is still the menu fleet wide. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. Most menus can be googled.

1620AB6C-B747-4258-88B9-8903D1C4E9BE.png

Edited by crzndeb

8 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Although this is from the Vista, I believe this is still the menu fleet wide. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. Most menus can be googled.

That looks amazing!  The only thing I wouldn't eat (but would try) is the Lamb...I'm not a fan of Lamb.  Thanks for posting, appreciate it.

My sister in law is a picky eater and even she enjoyed the Chef’s Table.  We’ve signed up for it on our upcoming Horizon cruise.  Honestly, I’m totally opposite of your taste.  I love raw items.  I will eat the h*ll out of sushi, tartar and shellfish.  I wish the Table would serve those but I think it’s too “exotic” for the majority of the dinner attendees. 

Having been to several Chef’s Tables (and having a SIL as an executive chef), the Chefs Table is a Culinary experience. Each contributing chef to the table creates one of his/her specialty dishes to the meal so the menu is different on each ship.  The flavors and presentation cannot be compared to a normal dish (I.e. I do not like lamb....except how it was prepared on my last Chefs Table). GO.  Enjoy.  Prepare to have an amazing evening. 👍❤️❤️❤️

My wife and I enjoyed the Chef’s Table on a Carnival cruise out of Charleston. Wonderfully prepared food; Excellent presentations. More than Ample pourings of wine. Excellent service. Although the meal was served in the Ship’s Library, we also got the Chef’s tour of the kitchen facilities. Only 16 or so spots were available. Felt VERY exclusive and was thoroughly enjoyable. We have signed up for another Chef’s Table on a cruise out of Baltimore September 

I am a very picky eater, and I have done Chef’s Table twice, mostly to be with friends who were doing it.  The staff always ask about allergies, and I always tell them I’m allergic to mushrooms, although I really dislike them so much I don’t want them on my plate.  Other than that, I either eat or don’t any particular item, and I always have plenty to eat.  I don’t recall being served anything raw or rare. I recommend the Chef’s Table experience very much.

Edited by nwcruiselover

On 5/26/2019 at 9:14 PM, crzndeb said:

I am fairly certain that is the "New" Chef table menu.  It is not the one we had last week on the Paradise.  The Chef on the Paradise stated that they are switching to the "New" menu sometime in June.  I will try to remember to take a photo of our menu and post it here tonight.

There was only one thing the OP stated they would not eat on our menu and it was a tiny app served in the galley which was tuna tartare in a min cone.