Ketchikan Tours - Help please!

lorew86

My husband and I will be cruising Alaska with NCL the first week in September.  Ketchikan is the only port we have left to book our excursions and we're struggling with what to pick.  The two excursions we are debating between is the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour and a Rainforest Canoe Nature Trail Tour.

Are we really missing something absolutely fabulous on the Fisherman's Tour if we don't book this?  Or is the Tongass National Forest something actually worth seeing?

Hoping someone out there can offer some type of advice on one or the other.

Thank you guys!

We've been to Ketchikan 3 times and just came back last week.  Your third option is to simply walk around town.  There is so much to see...make your way to Creek Street.  Regardless of what you decide, Happy Sailing!

I loved the Fisherman's Tour... you get to see a lot of wildlife, although I suppose that can vary from trip to trip. But you'll for sure see lots of eagles and crabs and that had an octopus they caught. It was fun for me and my mom.  I agree that just staying in town and walking around is a great option. There is Creek Street, of course, but there is also a cool museum fairly near the docks too. I think it's a National Park museum and I remember seeing an interesting film about the area when we were there as well as some cool exhibits.

• Like 1

There's a lot to see in Ketchikan for such a small town. We went snorkeling there on our first cruise to Alaska. It was fabulous. On our second, we kayaked. On our third, we took the public bus to Totem Bight State Park. We also had time to walk to Creek Street and to hike the Married Man's Trail and take the funicular down. Here's a link to a walking map: https://www.experienceketchikan.com/ketchikan-walking-tour.html

Our most favorite thing in Ketchikan was flying with Island Wings to Misty Fiords.  I understand with the recent crash(es), you may be hesitant to do this, but it was amazing and we felt safe with Michelle. Of course, you can’t always be assured everyone else in the sky is as safe. I wouldn’t hesitate to fly with her again though.