Taxi to Governors Beach

tortuga1975

I’m thinking of taking a taxi to Governors Beach.  I feel okay about the getting to the beach part of it, but getting back makes me nervous.  Do you make appointment with driver to come get you?  Are there cabs just waiting?

Hi, we took a cab to a beach beyond Governor's. There were about 6 - 8 people total. The driver asked us what time we wanted him to come back.  We gave him a time and he did not expect payment until completion of the round trip.  He was waiting for us at the requested time. No problems.  I think it is likely you can arrange the same. 

16 hours ago, mets07 said:

Hi, we took a cab to a beach beyond Governor's. There were about 6 - 8 people total. The driver asked us what time we wanted him to come back.  We gave him a time and he did not expect payment until completion of the round trip.  He was waiting for us at the requested time. No problems.  I think it is likely you can arrange the same. 

That would be my suggestion as well.  However, it's not that far of a walk back and once you reach the road entrance to Jack's Shack before the port gates, you can head over to the beach. Fares are around $4 per person each way.

• 2 years later...
On 5/30/2019 at 2:37 PM, crewsweeper said:

That would be my suggestion as well.  However, it's not that far of a walk back and once you reach the road entrance to Jack's Shack before the port gates, you can head over to the beach. Fares are around $4 per person each way.

Crewsweeper, are you saying Governors Bay is just past Jack’s Shack. Had read there was a beach just past Jack’s Shack?

12 hours ago, mississauga said:

Crewsweeper, are you saying Governors Bay is just past Jack’s Shack. Had read there was a beach just past Jack’s Shack?

A bit past. Pull up a map, you'll  see it. There's a small cargo pier next to Jacks ,blocks any beach access. 

• 2 months later...