Can you transfer cruise planner bookings to another person in the same reservation?

Have booked one item that is now sold out and one refreshment drink packed (large discounted price) for my son.  He may not be able to come on the cruise can I transfer these items to someone else on the same reservation or is it a cancel only thing? 

1 hour ago, mattR said:

Have booked one item that is now sold out and one refreshment drink packed (large discounted price) for my son.  He may not be able to come on the cruise can I transfer these items to someone else on the same reservation or is it a cancel only thing? 

I might be wrong, but I don't think you can. If you send a pm to Royal on their official Facebook site, they can give you the official answer. They reply within minutes there. 

I changed a spa service this morning from one person to another this morning on the same reservation. The system canceled the service for me and added it for my hubby at the originally booked cost.  It was a little weird because I had to pay again for the service (for him) and get refunded (for me).

i would go on the CP and choose "modify" on the order screen and see what options it gives you.

27 minutes ago, hopebh said:

I changed a spa service this morning from one person to another this morning on the same reservation. The system canceled the service for me and added it for my hubby at the originally booked cost.  It was a little weird because I had to pay again for the service (for him) and get refunded (for me).

i would go on the CP and choose "modify" on the order screen and see what options it gives you.

Then you didn't transfered it, you canceled for you and then you purchased another. The modify option just modify for the person who had it, it doesn't have the ability to transfer.

3 hours ago, norhel said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think you can. If you send a pm to Royal on their official Facebook site, they can give you the official answer. They reply within minutes there. 

Unfortunately not,. I put the soda package in the wrong name and had to cancel and rebook. 

Cruise planner purchases are not technically assigned to a guest.  They are attached to the position in the reservation I.e. guest 1,2,3 or 4.

Swapping the names of guest 2 and 3 or 3 and 4 should work to keep the purchase.

there were several reports in the last of people inadvertently doing this and the drink packages actually being cancelled as they swapped a minor and an adult and tried to put the alcoholic package in with a child.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Cruise planner purchases are not technically assigned to a guest.  They are attached to the position in the reservation I.e. guest 1,2,3 or 4.

Swapping the names of guest 2 and 3 or 3 and 4 should work to keep the purchase.

there were several reports in the last of people inadvertently doing this and the drink packages actually being cancelled as they swapped a minor and an adult and tried to put the alcoholic package in with a child.

Agree.  I purchased a Drink Package for my son who was originally booked in my cabin with my wife and DL in another cabin.  For ease, I ended up switching my son and wife.  When I did that, the Drink Package went to my wife.  I had to cancel and repurchase for my son.  

11 hours ago, norhel said:

Then you didn't transfered it, you canceled for you and then you purchased another. The modify option just modify for the person who had it, it doesn't have the ability to transfer.

I actually transferred it in Royal's system. The first screen asked if I wanted to change the time and the second let me change the person.  Had I cancelled and rebooked, the cost would have gone up which it did not.  

This was the only time I tried to transfer something so I can't speak to drink packages or excursions.