Ship Comparison Chart

richwmn

19 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

We're both wrong, Gerry; The Rijksmuseum at Sea wall mural on Westie depicts a "threatened swan"

Well, who knew !?!   LOL

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BJzink said:

It's also a Colorado goose - thousands of them here, and they never migrate anywhere - just fly in big groups around & around during spring & fall.  And congregate on the golf courses.

I guess some of them migrated from the "frozen tundra" and decided to stay!  Enjoy - and yes, they love golf courses and picnic areas. 😀

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂 🙂

22 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I beg to differ, Sarge, but that's not a Canada Goose; that's a snow goose.   Here's what a Canada goose looks like:

Goose.jpg

If it poops on all your ball fields, it’s a Canadian Goose!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

You don't EVER want to threaten a swan! They can be vicious.  And that is one scary painting!

You're absolutely correct - I remember being chased by one as a child.  Still gives me chills, thinking about it; I was scared for hours!  I wonder why that painting was chosen to grace the walls of the ship?  It certainly isn't calm and soothing when you're on a cruise and see that big thing flailing about at you!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

It’s a swan!  Maybe a tundra swan😃

What exactly is the Rikjsmuseum at sea supposed to be?   We were on the Westie for two weeks last month and wasn’t aware of anything, other than the swan!  

Might be good news about K not getting the full makeover of EXC! 😉

Edited by bennybear
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bennybear said:

It’s a swan!  Maybe a tundra swan😃

What exactly is the Rikjsmuseum at sea supposed to be?   We were on the Westie for two weeks last month and wasn’t aware of anything, other than the swan!  

Might be good news about K not getting the full makeover of EXC! 😉

"Rijksmuseum at Sea" was announced by HAL in January 2016 as a celebration of its Dutch heritage in a new partnership with Amsterdam's (the city, not the ship) Rijksmuseum, the most-visited national museum in the Netherlands. (definitely worth a visit if not alone for Rembrandt's incredible "Nachtwacht/Nightwatch" painting)

The press release stated that "Reproductions of some of the museum’s most famous masterpieces will be showcased throughout the ship and a dedicated space onboard will invite guests to explore their own creativity through guided art workshops. Guests will be able to view videos about the museum and its collections on the in-stateroom television, while enrichment programs and presentations by Rijksmuseum staff will be available on select cruises. Guests also will have the opportunity to purchase special branded Rijksmuseum merchandise in the onboard shops".

It was supposed to debut with Oosterdam during her April 2016 dry-dock, but it wasn't. Instead, it was Westerdam, one year later in April 2017, who received the huge "threatened swan" mural, a replica of the 1650 oil painting by Dutch Golden Age painter Jan Asselijn, and other works of art, in her Atrium floor area. Since that 2017 Westie dry-dock, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Koningsdam have all entered, and come out of, dry-dock sans Rijksmuseum at Sea. Noordam is next in September this year so the jury is out if she will be so enriched.................

This is what Westie's Rijksmuseum at Sea looks like, unless it's been taken down and you would be a better judge of that, having sailed her last month 

HAL WEDM Rijksmuseum at Sea #2.jpg

HAL WEDM Rijksmuseum at Sea #3.jpg

HAL WEDM Rijksmuseum at Sea #4.jpg

HAL WEDM Rijksmuseum at Sea #5.jpg

HAL WEDM Rijksmuseum at Sea #6.jpg

HAL WEDM Rijksmuseum at Sea #7.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1

Thanks, Copper for the photos.   Can’t swear to it,  but I don’t recall any of them other than the swan.  Perhaps she is too threatening to be removed, or maybe she helps keep the passengers in line at guest services 😂

• Haha 2

You've ruined my day.....I thought that booking on the smaller Veendam,  the ship wouldn't have room for a fitness center...but my hopes are dashed. There's just no escape anymore.

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

You've ruined my day.....I thought that booking on the smaller Veendam,  the ship wouldn't have room for a fitness center...but my hopes are dashed. There's just no escape anymore.

Sure there is, pretend it doesn't exist. That's what I do.