AARP CARNIVAL GIFT CARDS

Hotdog 52

7 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

You can put them in your cart but if you do not have the points to purchase that many they will not allow the actual sale.

You are correct. I had enough for ten 500 dollar cards but was just checking to see how many is max. 10 it is at least last night .

On 5/29/2019 at 7:40 AM, Hotdog 52 said:

Just ordered 4 Carnival gift cards.  How long does it usually take to receive them?  I have about 18 days until final payment.  Think they will arrive in time?

Thanks everyone for your input.

I ordered some recently and they came int he mail in approximately 4 days

Also, for anyone just signing up for Rewards for Good, do not use any helpful promo codes to get extra points posted by well meaning people.  I did, in fact I believe a number of us did and lesson learned on  what a bad mistake that was.  They took away all my points, even the ones I got fairly by taking surveys.  Then they locked my account.  I ended up opening a new one and having to start over.  

There are many shareable codes. The only ones that can not be shared are the ones that are mailed with the cards. Those are specific to the person's order. That's what happened in that group. It happened to a lot of people.  I monitor the codes in the smaller group and remove any that are not shareable.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 1:07 AM, CanWeGoYet? said:

Also, for anyone just signing up for Rewards for Good, do not use any helpful promo codes to get extra points posted by well meaning people.  I did, in fact I believe a number of us did and lesson learned on  what a bad mistake that was.  They took away all my points, even the ones I got fairly by taking surveys.  Then they locked my account.  I ended up opening a new one and having to start over.  

Check your old account. Several people have reported that their accounts have finally been unlocked. I don't know if they got their (legitimately earned) points back, though.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:53 AM, Da629 said:

There are many shareable codes. The only ones that can not be shared are the ones that are mailed with the cards. Those are specific to the person's order. That's what happened in that group. It happened to a lot of people.  I monitor the codes in the smaller group and remove any that are not shareable.

The code in question was able to be entered more than once. People were using it dozens of times to rack up thousands of points. I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a code sent out with the cards. Those wouldn't allow repeated entries. My guess was that it was a glitched code from AARP and someone realized what could be done with it, or it came from more nefarious sources.

• Like 1

Actually, I was in that FB group and a few members shared the ones that came out with cards and discovered they were allowing numerous entries. They continued to share codes in the envelopes (they were the ones with numbers, not words..and specific to orders) and people were reportedly entering them hundreds of times. It was warned that these were listed as not shareable, but they continued to do so and lots of people were locked out and lost their points. I spoke with AARP directly during that time. They confirmed there was a glitch, but the order codes we're specific to the orders and not site wide sharing.

6 hours ago, Da629 said:

Actually, I was in that FB group and a few members shared the ones that came out with cards and discovered they were allowing numerous entries. They continued to share codes in the envelopes (they were the ones with numbers, not words..and specific to orders) and people were reportedly entering them hundreds of times. It was warned that these were listed as not shareable, but they continued to do so and lots of people were locked out and lost their points. I spoke with AARP directly during that time. They confirmed there was a glitch, but the order codes we're specific to the orders and not site wide sharing.

Whatever the case, AARP certainly did not intend for any of their codes to work more than once. And it wasn't just the fact that it was a code from someone's order, it still had to be glitched to allow more entries. I don't know if the one that was shared to this forum was a number code or worded one. I never used it, never even saw it. It was only one single code that was shared to this forum that caused the problems for people here. Some even reported that they only used it once and still had their accounts locked. Oh well, it's over now. It appears they're getting their accounts back (maybe minus some points) and I'm sure those folks will be a lot more leery now.

They are almost always available. A year or so ago, there was a week or two wait. If they are out, they are usually replenished in a few days. You do not get the double fun points for using a Carnival MasterCard, because they are not actually coming through as a carnival purchase....just a gift card purchase.

39 minutes ago, Da629 said:

They are almost always available. A year or so ago, there was a week or two wait. If they are out, they are usually replenished in a few days. You do not get the double fun points for using a Carnival MasterCard, because they are not actually coming through as a carnival purchase....just a gift card purchase.

Thanks! I'll wait till I'm closer to final pay by date and use a better rewards card to purchase.

I love saving money anywhere and anytime I can.  Even though I don't get double points by using my FunPoints mastercard, I'll use it to pay for my AARP cards since I'll be immediately paying off that balance.  A few points is better than the no points I'd get for paying directly with my debit card.  I usually get the Cheers package on my cruises, paid ahead of time to take advantage of the prepaid discount.  I then use the discounted AARP cards to pay off the prepaid Cheers package.  Win-win-drink!

8 hours ago, 3redheads said:

Ordered mine on 5/30 and received an email saying they were shipped by the postal service on May 31st.  Haven't received them yet.  No tracking number.

If you sign up for the UPS My Choice (free), then you can see what shipments you have coming to your address. It also allows you to change the delivery location. If you order over $500 then you have to sign for it - if your not going to be home to sign, you can always change the delivery to go to a local UPS store. This is what I did...took about a week and I went by the store after work, showed them my ID and signed for the envelope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoleFam20 said:

If you sign up for the UPS My Choice (free), then you can see what shipments you have coming to your address. It also allows you to change the delivery location. If you order over $500 then you have to sign for it - if your not going to be home to sign, you can always change the delivery to go to a local UPS store. This is what I did...took about a week and I went by the store after work, showed them my ID and signed for the envelope.

I have the UPS My Choice, which I love, but my email said it was being mailed USPS.  It's only $300.  Hope I get it soon.  Thanks so much for your reply!

1 hour ago, 3redheads said:

I have the UPS My Choice, which I love, but my email said it was being mailed USPS.  It's only $300.  Hope I get it soon.  Thanks so much for your reply!

Yep. Any order under $500 total is shipped via USPS and doesn't require a signature. Orders $500 & up ship UPS and require signatures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3redheads said:

Ordered my gift cards on 5/30 and still haven't received them.  Emailed them twice.  They are under $500 so no tracking number.

Have you received the email advising that they have been shipped?  

26 minutes ago, antmaril said:

Have you received the email advising that they have been shipped?  

Yes, I received it on May 31st.  I'll try and call tomorrow.  Hope they aren't lost in the mail.

On 6/9/2019 at 3:20 PM, antmaril said:

Hopefully, they aren’t lost and you will receive them tomorrow.  

Nothing today.  I called and they said they wait 10 business days before they escalate the issue.  If I don't get them Thursday, I guess I'll be on the phone to them again.  The 10 day thing is good to know.

Another tip... if you're a regular Walgreens shopper, check your receipts. The other day I noticed on one of mine that there was a coupon code for a free one year membership to AARP. If you're an actual member, you get 1.5x points for each of the quizzes so you can earn points faster. 

4 hours ago, amypintx said:

Another tip... if you're a regular Walgreens shopper, check your receipts. The other day I noticed on one of mine that there was a coupon code for a free one year membership to AARP. If you're an actual member, you get 1.5x points for each of the quizzes so you can earn points faster. 

Good tip. We joined AARP a little over a year ago when they were running a $12 promotion for the first year of membership. With the money we saved on our car rental and hotels for our 2018 cruise, it paid for our AARP membership several times over. We renewed this year for the regular $16.

I recommend people look at the benefits they offer and see if you can use any of them because, if you can, there's a good chance the savings will easily pay for membership. You don't have to be age 50 anymore to join and you get a second membership card for free. FYI, they're currently running a promotion for the first year's membership for $12 if you sign up for auto-renewal. This is what mine was when I first joined. All you have to do is cancel auto-renewal once you've joined and you still get the promotional price.