Fans

Doglovertoo

I would address that question to your TA for accurate feedback from Oceania direct.

My first recommendation is to accurately and specifically define the term “ small “ as it relates to the fan in question so that your TA can garner a response from O. 

Edited by pinotlover

12 hours ago, orchestrapal said:

Why??  Small fans take very little electricity while hair dryers use much much more. Should they be disallowed as well?

Talk to an Oceania representative and the answer will probably be "because it's our policy". Elevate the question to a manager and the response will probably be "because it's our policy".

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

It’s Monday morning, I wonder if the OP has given their TA the fan dimensions and specs yet so to call Oceania.

The OP didn’t state which cabin type they’re in, but unless a top suite I wonder if they realize how little space there is in the desk area for anything? This is especially the case on an R ship.

Edited by pinotlover

I am now on the ship.  Decided not to try and take it at the last minute.  You’re right there’s not much space on the desk. I do wish we had it because our room has been warm at night   I don’t know if it would have been al.pwed or not.  Thanks for your responses. 

[ always bring a small battery operated fan when I travel to warm areas as I have COPD and hard to breath in oppressive heat.  Never had an issue with tsa or cruise line.  not sure about electric one

There is always the option on Oceania ships of adjusting the thermostat to meet one’s needs. I realize that option is not 100% percent effective because some cruisers want to sail with their veranda door open and mess up the entire zone, but typically we find it to work quite well.

Another option is to have the air vents opened fully (along with turning the thermostat down to its lowest setting).  The default is a restricted flow. Engineering will do that upon request.  We've had this done on several cruises on O ships and it's been a lifesaver.  Don't know if that is possible on R ships, but I'm sure we'll ask on our upcoming R voyages.

7 hours ago, Doglovertoo said:

I am now on the ship.  Decided not to try and take it at the last minute.  You’re right there’s not much space on the desk. I do wish we had it because our room has been warm at night   I don’t know if it would have been al.pwed or not.  Thanks for your responses. 

why not go & ask  then you will know for future cruises

2 hours ago, raye70 said:

[ always bring a small battery operated fan when I travel to warm areas as I have COPD and hard to breath in oppressive heat.  Never had an issue with tsa or cruise line.  not sure about electric one

a battery operated device  will not be a problem on the electrical system

totally different situation