Fort Lauderdale hotels 3 nights prestay

buggins0402

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

When you visit in December all the Christmas decorations will be up.  Take the water taxi after dark and be astonished at the outdoor decorations and the indoor Christmas trees (people leave their shades/curtains open just to show off)!

How does the water taxi work?  Are they private boats or more like a bus on a route similar to Venice or Bangkok?

Edited by buggins0402

25 minutes ago, buggins0402 said:

How does the water taxi work?  Are they private boats or more like a bus on a route similar to Venice or Bangkok?

It is a company that follows established routes.  Passengers buy a day pass.  Check out www.watertaxi.com for details.

My run is from the River House to the beach so yes, it is a little over four miles and a great run!

I'm not sure who does the peloton bikes around here but I'd bet someone close to the hotel does.

Are you going to be here the weekend after?  The Winterfest Boat Parade is the 14th and it is spectacular.

You will be able to enjoy all of the holiday decorations.

I do like Hollywood but it has some issues.  In a nutshell, the anchor of Hollywood Beach right at the end of Hollywood Boulevard is a disaster and keeping the area from 'gentrifying'.  One entity owns the land, another owns the public areas, and the condos are all  privately owned and they can't stop fighting amoungst themselves.  Hollywood has actually had condemn and tear down a couple of the hotels behind the Broadwalk.

I love Margaritaville and go there often but the restaurants and other offerings around it are less than stellar.  It's for sure a fun day trip on the water taxi.