Driving from Ottawa to Cape Liberty

ladybub101

Do we have to drive through NYC to get to Cape Liberty? Is it an easy drive to get to the port? 

We are trying to decide between a park, snooze and cruise package for a group of 15 or booking a hotel the night before, an hour or 2 from the port and driving to the port the morning of departure and parking there.  Do you have any suggestions for specific hotels?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, ladybub101 said:

Do we have to drive through NYC to get to Cape Liberty?  

If you look at a map, you will see that you will not have to cross the Hudson River driving from Ottawa to Cape Liberty, so no, you will not have to drive through NYC to get to Cape Liberty.   (Just Google: "driving from Ottawa, Canada to Cape Liberty, New Jersey".)

3 hours ago, ladybub101 said:

Do we have to drive through NYC to get to Cape Liberty? Is it an easy drive to get to the port? 

We are trying to decide between a park, snooze and cruise package for a group of 15 or booking a hotel the night before, an hour or 2 from the port and driving to the port the morning of departure and parking there.  Do you have any suggestions for specific hotels?

Thanks!

What is the date of your cruise and how many days?  Parking at the port is $22/day.

trinityreservations.com offers the best deals on park, sleep, cruise and quotes tax included.  Staying an hour away in an area like Parsipanny NJ can work, but you have to figure out the total cost of hotel and Cruiseport transportation vs Cruiseport parking vs convenience of getting immediately on the road after the cruise. 

37 minutes ago, ladybub101 said:

March 1, 2020, 7 days

As a family of 5, the only Trinity offer is Holiday Inn Carteret.  We like the convenience of parking at the port.

I totally understand the problem with 5 people and how nice it is to park at the port.  Look at the Parsipanny area for a hotel that can accommodate 5 People. 

On 6/1/2019 at 6:52 PM, 138east said:

I totally understand the problem with 5 people and how nice it is to park at the port.  Look at the Parsipanny area for a hotel that can accommodate 5 People. 

Hi Carol,

This is a question for you or Meg,

Where the Costco has been constructed in Bayonne is a new Hotel also in the plans??  

It sure would be better than driving on the NJTP at 9am!!

thx, gc 

There was an announcement a while ago about a hotel being built in Bayonne near the Cruiseport, but I haven’t seen any more info about it.  I just don’t see an area like Bayonne being able to support a new hotel. It’s not a vacation destination or business travel destination and there are already plenty of hotels at the airport and in nearby Jersey City, which is a business travel destination.

If you stay in Parsipanny and leave at 9 am, you should be fine.   

• Like 1

We stayed in Parsipanny the night before our Bermuda cruise, we drove down from Toronto.  Very easy to get to Port.  As it was a Sunday it took us just under 30 minutes and the hotel prices were much cheaper then Newark.

10 hours ago, bunnyette said:

We stayed in Parsippany the night before our Bermuda cruise, we drove down from Toronto.  Very easy to get to Port.  As it was a Sunday it took us just under 30 minutes and the hotel prices were much cheaper then Newark.

Thank you to everyone for the replies. 

We have been cruising out of Cape Liberty since 2006. Our first hotel stay was in Elizabeth...I have learned a lot since then!! I saw a lot of construction around the Costco (March 2019 ) and thought how easy would that be if a hotel was built there!!

gc