Non refundable deposit

Would I be allowed to switch from a jr suite to an inside without penalty?  Same sailing.  Thought I would need the points to get to the next Crown and Anchor level but now looks like I won’t need them.  Would rather save the $ for another cruise.😁

6 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Would I be allowed to switch from a jr suite to an inside without penalty?  Same sailing.  Thought I would need the points to get to the next Crown and Anchor level but now looks like I won’t need them.  Would rather save the $ for another cruise.😁

Let us know what happens.

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There is no doubt as to what happens.  It’s absolutely allowed to change cabin categories without penalty.  

Not disagreeing with your premise.  Just because it is allowed now does not mean it couldn't change.

There is an absence of a rule for cabin changes. 

3 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Not disagreeing with your premise.  Just because it is allowed now does not mean it couldn't change.

See #22 in their PDF.  Seems about as pretty much a rule as the penalty for changing ship and sail date is.  Of course anything could change at any time .

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

6 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

This is from Royal's flyer

22. Should my Suite client choose to downgrade to a balcony stateroom after already confirming a Suite, will the booking remain under non-refundable status? Will a change fee be incurred to adjust inventory types? Any booking originally created as non-refundable will maintain this status for the life of the reservation, regardless of subsequent category changes. Change fees are only incurred should an adjustment to the ship and/or sail date occur; therefore, no change fee will be assessed upon swapping between category types on the same ship and sail date.

Edited by molly361

I stand corrected.  The next cruise flyer has no such rule. You have quoted the TA PDF.

Let's see how long it takes for RCI to dis-allow a cabin downgrade when you are taking money out of their pockets?

JMHO

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Not changing saildate or ship, Bob.  Just downgrading cabin category.

Bob answered you correctly. You asked "Would I be allowed to switch from a jr suite to an inside without penalty?  Same sailing"  and Bob answered yes.

30 minutes ago, dacsmom said:

Bob answered you correctly. You asked "Would I be allowed to switch from a jr suite to an inside without penalty?  Same sailing"  and Bob answered yes.

Yes.  I see that now.  Read too quickly.  Sorry, Bob.

8 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Reporting back.  I did downgrade and saved over $1000.  Only lost $50 of OBC.  So I think it was a good deal.  Thanks for all the help.  Katherine

Thanks for reporting back.  Most who answered knew that would work😇

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 5:42 PM, steveru621 said:

I stand corrected.  The next cruise flyer has no such rule. You have quoted the TA PDF.

Let's see how long it takes for RCI to dis-allow a cabin downgrade when you are taking money out of their pockets?

JMHO

This has been the rule since the non-refundable deposit started a few years back.  RCI hasn't changed anything since starting it, because it's not actually taking money out of their pockets -- they still get to sell the same number of cabins!  :classic_rolleyes: