Its been awhile...

writer100

23 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks TV Movie Lover and others. Never gave bringing my own wine as far as Tahiti a thought, but sounds like many of you have wines who've traveled further than that. I'll get those bags and give them a try.

I am not  a connoisseur   but  we bought several bottles onboard  that we liked

but they were more that the bottle package deal (thank goodness for OBC)

They give you a list  day 1  of wines in the 7 bottle package 

if you saw some  that you liked  it may be worth getting it

52 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I am not  a connoisseur   but  we bought several bottles onboard  that we liked

but they were more that the bottle package deal (thank goodness for OBC)

They give you a list  day 1  of wines in the 7 bottle package 

if you saw some  that you liked  it may be worth getting it

Thanks so much LHT! Appreciate your input.

Question. If I fly a few bottles in my luggage, I assume I need to unpack and show them at check in correct?

Edited by Petoonya

Just now, Petoonya said:

Thanks so much LHT! Appreciate your input.

Question. If I fly a few bottles in my luggage, I assume I need to unpack and show them at check in correct?

I just put them in my carry on bag ..no problem

I do not trust the porters to NOT toss my bag around 😉

3 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks again LHT!

Carry on bag from pier to ship cabin.   .........  You can not carry any bottle on board a airplane 0   just so you  understand    again consider weigh if flying ...

45 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Carry on bag from pier to ship cabin.   .........  You can not carry any bottle on board a airplane 0   just so you  understand    again consider weigh if flying ...

Thanks. My plan is to put 2-3 wine bottles in our 24" checked bag. Just don't know if I need to bring a wine carrier to easily tote the bottles on board if I need to present them to O security. Otherwise I'll probably check on the bottles and if they've not burst just leave them be. I always weigh my checked luggage before flying. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks. My plan is to put 2-3 wine bottles in our 24" checked bag. Just don't know if I need to bring a wine carrier to easily tote the bottles on board if I need to present them to O security. Otherwise I'll probably check on the bottles and if they've not burst just leave them be. I always weigh my checked luggage before flying. Thanks.

Hello Petoonya

You do not need to bring a wine carrier because you do not need to "present" your wine to O security.  O does not care.  In fact you are allowed to bring 6 bottles on board.  The only reason to bring a wine carrier is to carry on more wine!

BTW you may want to use some sort of wine sleeves (Amazon has many options) to pack your wines.  They should give you some peace of mind for the flight.  

Good luck and have a beautiful cruise!

Katie

28 minutes ago, KatieBelle said:

Hello Petoonya

You do not need to bring a wine carrier because you do not need to "present" your wine to O security.  O does not care.  In fact you are allowed to bring 6 bottles on board.  The only reason to bring a wine carrier is to carry on more wine!

BTW you may want to use some sort of wine sleeves (Amazon has many options) to pack your wines.  They should give you some peace of mind for the flight.  

Good luck and have a beautiful cruise!

Katie

Thanks Katie, yes was going to bring wine carrier in case I had to present them to O. But since the answer to that is no....one less thing to shove in the bag! Bought some sleeves yesterday. So I'm all set. Thanks.

Edited by Petoonya