Potential Navigator Cruise

3 hours ago, CptBoatface said:

Yup, we are looking to do our own air and go with the entry level balcony cabins or oceanview.  Trying to present team with about 15k/couple as end pricing. PG pushes the limit, even without air on most sailings of 10 days. 

I'm building a PowerPoint to show comparable sailings for O, Regent, PG, and..sorry, Princess as budget backup.

Be sure to include the very high cost of "tiny" drinks on Oceania.  They really add up quickly - even if you only have a drink before and/or after dinner and wine with the meal.  The alcohol package used to be $59/person/day but I've heard that it has gone up.  

You can get an included wine package or some excursions or OBC's - it could be complicated to compare Oceania with other cruise lines.  In my opinion, they are a good cruise line but not quite as good as Regent (and if you select Oceania, strongly suggest that you only look at Riviera or Marina cruises as the older ships have teeny tiny bathrooms and staterooms.

Edited by Travelcat2

Some things (like number of passengers) are hard to quantify in a comparison but very ‘tangible’ in the experience. On the other hand, do whatever you can yo see French Polynesia. It is spectacular.

• Like 2

To those who found that Regent gives a 7500 dollar credit on a Papeete based cruise that costs as little as 11,999,  you are brilliant. I suspect that business class air is very hard to come by for Regent on flights to Papeete, and they very much want you to turn it down and take the credit. They still have passengers onboard, and don't have to tell anyone that they can't give them the business class air. And on your own, you can find flight better flight options based on where you're coming from, and airline points.

While I love the Paul Gauguin, the Regent cruise is definitely a bargain if you book your own airfare. We paid 1600 extra to upgrade to economy plus from economy with the new configuration where someone else would be sitting with us on our September PG cruise. That's one way since we fly back from Fiji. Our return flight to LAX is in economy since we didn't want to pay 3200 to upgrade. We hope our plane remains the same since we have 2 seats window and aisle in the second row of economy.

As a comparison on the 7500 dollar credit, we have a 32 night Singapore to Sydney cruise on Regent in December (a back to back cruise), and we could have taken the 6000 dollar credit rather than Regent's business class on Emirates. For flights that long from Florida, 6000 dollars would not have covered seats that we wanted to sit in for that long. But business class is much easier to find to those destinations.