Where does Brillance of the Seas dock In Amsterdam?

Sailing May2, 2020 with Royal Caribbean on Brillance of the Seas ship. Ship is arriving in Amsterdam May 17,2020. Planning on staying in the city for a couple of days and was wondering where the ship docks in relation to hotels and taxis.

14 minutes ago, HolidayCruising said:

Sailing May2, 2020 with Royal Caribbean on Brillance of the Seas ship. Ship is arriving in Amsterdam May 17,2020. Planning on staying in the city for a couple of days and was wondering where the ship docks in relation to hotels and taxis.

In the back of central station to the right, you see a Disney ship on the picture.

image.thumb.png.9821d2e9053691accf623975f3cb28fc.png

image.thumb.png.65e5fa8921e7aa435d526a2009f69819.png

here a overview of the whole city:

image.thumb.png.97ceb1f7fa1a2d011beac1978b5fa897.png

Edited by b&wcruiser
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your awesome information.  We are scheduled on Brilliance in June 2020 out of Amsterdam.  I tried to print your maps but could not get them to enlarge so the old eyes could see them.  Any tips on how to enlarge and print?

11 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Thanks for your awesome information.  We are scheduled on Brilliance in June 2020 out of Amsterdam.  I tried to print your maps but could not get them to enlarge so the old eyes could see them.  Any tips on how to enlarge and print?

We may be on the same cruise!  We're boarding 6/22/20.  We're planning to fly to Amsterdam (from the US) the Friday before, so we can explore the city a bit.  I bought a book, Lonely Planet's "Cruise Ports Scandinavia and Northern Europe" that has lots of maps--I already marked the port location on the Amsterdam one.

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

What I did to see a larger version of the map was first selected the map in his message so it was larger on my computer screen.

Then I did a screenshot of that map. That way it was saved in my photo section on my computer and  so can see a much larger version. 

1BC026FA-B0DF-4532-AD75-9EC089C52803.jpeg

Edited by HolidayCruising
Photo of map

Thank you all for your information.  We are sailing from Amsterdam in August 2020 on Brilliance and I can't get enough information right now 😀  I'm looking at arriving the day before our cruise so it's really helpful to see the cruise terminal and nearby hotels. Does anyone have any 4 star plus hotel recommendations within walking distance of Anne Franks house?  

1 hour ago, livylotte said:

Does anyone have any 4 star plus hotel recommendations within walking distance of Anne Franks house?  

Cut & paste your own quote "4 star plus hotel recommendations within walking distance of Anne Franks house" into google....

https://www.google.com/search?q=4+star+plus+hotel+recommendations+within+walking+distance+of+Anne+Franks+house&rlz=1C1RNVH_enCA559CA585&oq=4+star+plus+hotel+recommendations+within+walking+distance+of+Anne+Franks+house&aqs=chrome..69i57.579j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Millions of opinions and suggestions on the world wide web compared to a couple here on CC

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FlotheFloof said:

We may be on the same cruise!  We're boarding 6/22/20.  We're planning to fly to Amsterdam (from the US) the Friday before, so we can explore the city a bit.  I bought a book, Lonely Planet's "Cruise Ports Scandinavia and Northern Europe" that has lots of maps--I already marked the port location on the Amsterdam one.

Unfortunately not.  We are booked on the 10 Night BRITISH ISLES boarding 6/12/20.  We will leave the Brilliance "ship shape" for you.  Did the Baltic many years ago on Star Princess on her first cruise after her big fire off Jamaica.  We are looking at flying from Tampa or Orlando on Tuesday, 6/8/20 so we can tour Amsterdam prior to cruise.  Planning to but a Eurail Pass and spend a week in Germany post cruise.  Sorry we will miss sailing with you.

Friends just returned from Amsterdam and stayed at the Ibis Hotel at the train station, right near the cruise port.  They said the price was reasonable but you must insist on being in the new building, not the old one.  Last time we stayed in Amsterdam, we were in a small hotel in de Pijp, right next to a grocery, several restaurants and the tram line.  Perfection.  It's a very walkable city (but watch out for the bike lanes!!) and quite fun to explore.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:44 AM, HolidayCruising said:

You want to pick an hotel that is convenient to the public transportation system.  The closer to Central Station, the better you are.  You can take a tram, or bus anywhere in the city with ease. The ship docks near central station.  So, go to a search engine, put in your criteria, including Central Station area, and pick your 4 star hotel.  I think there is a Movenpic, IBIS, and Double Tree Hotel that are all good. 

13 hours ago, livylotte said:

Thank you all for your information.  We are sailing from Amsterdam in August 2020 on Brilliance and I can't get enough information right now 😀  I'm looking at arriving the day before our cruise so it's really helpful to see the cruise terminal and nearby hotels. Does anyone have any 4 star plus hotel recommendations within walking distance of Anne Franks house?  

Not too far from AF house is a.o. Pulitzer Hotel on Prinsengracht. Also Hotel de Toren, W hotel, as any hotel around Dam square are walking distance. Amsterdam is rather compact with excellent public transportation.

You need to book AF tickets on line, about 2 months prior. No more standing in line.

3 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Unfortunately not.  We are booked on the 10 Night BRITISH ISLES boarding 6/12/20.  We will leave the Brilliance "ship shape" for you.  Did the Baltic many years ago on Star Princess on her first cruise after her big fire off Jamaica.  We are looking at flying from Tampa or Orlando on Tuesday, 6/8/20 so we can tour Amsterdam prior to cruise.  Planning to but a Eurail Pass and spend a week in Germany post cruise.  Sorry we will miss sailing with you.

Bummer!  Well, take good care of her for us!

Thanks to all for the hotel information.  Our TA was going to book us in whatever RCCL has--is that a bad thing?  Am I better off researching my own?  I've been on one cruise (DCL-2003), I'm trying to learn.

P.S.  Good to know about the Anne Frank House tickets--3 of my kids have requested this, so it's on our "must do" list.

46 minutes ago, Ine said:

Not too far from AF house is a.o. Pulitzer Hotel on Prinsengracht. Also Hotel de Toren, W hotel, as any hotel around Dam square are walking distance. Amsterdam is rather compact with excellent public transportation.

You need to book AF tickets on line, about 2 months prior. No more standing in line.

I’ve been to Amsterdam three times, but had no idea that the Anne Frank House now requires pre-booked tickets. We will be there for a couple of days this August before our Baltic cruise on Brilliance, so I’m finding out just in time to order our tickets. Thank you!

Each time I’ve visited Amsterdam, I’ve bought a City Card, and we will get them again for our upcoming visit. https://www.iamsterdam.com/en/i-am/i-amsterdam-city-card It includes entry to many museums, etc. (But not Anne Frank House) and city transit, and I’ve found it worthwhile.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BearsAhoy said:

I’ve been to Amsterdam three times, but had no idea that the Anne Frank House now requires pre-booked tickets. We will be there for a couple of days this August before our Baltic cruise on Brilliance, so I’m finding out just in time to order our tickets. Thank you!

Each time I’ve visited Amsterdam, I’ve bought a City Card, and we will get them again for our upcoming visit. https://www.iamsterdam.com/en/i-am/i-amsterdam-city-card It includes entry to many museums, etc. (But not Anne Frank House) and city transit, and I’ve found it worthwhile.

Tickets come available 2 months prior. Donot forget the time difference for that.  Book them then.  After that sometimes a few tickets are on sale  on the same day. https://www.annefrank.org/en/museum/tickets/

Edited by Ine
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 11:02 PM, Ine said:

Tickets come available 2 months prior. Donot forget the time difference for that.  Book them then.  After that sometimes a few tickets are on sale  on the same day. https://www.annefrank.org/en/museum/tickets/

Hubby was just talking to his mom in Europe, which was the perfect reminder to get tickets. Done! 

Thanks again for the heads-up to buy in advance. When I went previously, I bought on site and went right in. I assumed it would still be like this, and we would have missed out if not for your tip!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BearsAhoy said:

Hubby was just talking to his mom in Europe, which was the perfect reminder to get tickets. Done! 

Thanks again for the heads-up to buy in advance. When I went previously, I bought on site and went right in. I assumed it would still be like this, and we would have missed out if not for your tip!

Glad it worked for you. Enjoy!

Another question once we dock in Amsterdam which is early in the morning and we sign up for a tour via CruiseLine what happens to our luggage during that tour?  We have always just gone starlight home when reaching dock so this has issue has never arisen in the past.  Hope someone has experience in this matter.  Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, HolidayCruising said:

Another question once we dock in Amsterdam which is early in the morning and we sign up for a tour via CruiseLine what happens to our luggage during that tour?  We have always just gone starlight home when reaching dock so this has issue has never arisen in the past.  Hope someone has experience in this matter.  Thanks! 

You talking about at the end of the cruise? and that you are taking a cruise line sponsored tour that at the end drops you at the airport?

If the answer to both questions is Yes, then,,, at the end of the cruise when you get off the ship, you grab your luggage as normal. You then proceed to the tour bus as designated by your cruise line excursion ticket. Your luggage will be put on the bus, you board the bus and go on your tour. Then at the end of the tour, the bus driver drops you off at the airport, you grab your luggage leaving the bus driver a generous tip for caring for your luggage, then you proceed into the airport to catch your flights.