carry on luggage

Greg901

Has anyone every drop off their carry on luggage at the room when they board the ship and just leave it hallway till the room is ready it would be just one small bag with clothes.  Don’t they just leave your checked luggage in the hallway till you go back and get it? Would this be allowed? Would it be in the way housekeeping trying to get the room ready?  Just thought this might be a possibility instead of carrying it around.

Thanks

Hi Greg

Yes. Your bag on the floor in front of your cabin would be the way. You understand, the stewards are trying to get all the cabins ready. They are trying to get all their assigned cabin ready. The cabin doors are all opened up, they are trying to do this as fast as possible. They have some certain cabins that need to be done first and then they can go on to the rest. One way or another, your bag would be in their way. That is why they don't allow everyone to do this. There would be a bag in front of everybody's door. Of course then you would have some who might suggest, I could just put a second one... no big deal. Some people will always do things they are asked not to, for whatever reason. If it's is just a small bag then it shouldn't be hard to hang onto it until the cabins are ready. 

You are right the checked bags are left in the hall, but those bags are mostly brought up after the cabins are ready. 

have a great cruise

It is true that unless you are priority you are not allowed in hallway, However I have never been stopped in the hallway I am pLat now but i did drop my bag in my room before i was Plat. One problem you might have is that your door might be cloed if you are not priority. If you can finda steward he will usually open it for you. and I put my bag in the closet, not leave it out

You are actually not even supposed to be in the hallways unless you have some type of priority boarding.  It's best to pack as little as possible into a carry-on so that it won't be a burden to carry with you until the cabins are ready.  You can try to get Faster to the Fun.  If you do, then your cabin will be ready as soon as you board the ship.

Greg901...last cruise I was on, we boarded when all rooms were ready.  We carried on all three pieces of our luggage(two airline type of carry on and one large piece).  We went straight to our cabin, dropped off everything and headed to lido for drinks and lunch.  When we got in our cabin, we did put important items in the safe.  We came back later and unpacked.  I am really thinking that arriving past the 1:30pm time might be worth it.  We usually like to board as soon as we can just to get vacation started but getting on at 11:30 vs. 1:30, I'm questioning my plans from now on.  Also, I have read horror stories about folks who have one piece of luggage lost for the entire cruise.  Because of that, I always now take at least my airline carry on piece with me.  The cruise I was on last month, we received the letter stating seven pieces of luggage were missing.  I have never received a letter stating that many pieces were missing.  I can only imagine how the folks whose luggage this was must have felt.  If you plan to board after 1:30pm, it might be an option for you.