Embarkation day luggage

Melie1113

We are cruising the Epic from Barcelona on June 30th. Are we able to drop our bags off for delivery to our room and go back out into the city to explore or once we are on the boat we have to stay on? We were planning on being in Barcelona  as long as we can before we have to be on the boat. I was planning on leaving my luggage at the hotel until we were ready to get on the boat but if we can leave it with our room that would probably be better. 

When you get to the port they take the luggage off you before you go into the terminal. Easiest way is to stick your preprinted tags on and give them to the porters, then turn around and head straight back to the city. 

• 2 months later...

Hello! Just want to make sure nothings changed in the last two months. Flying in on Sunday morning, want to drop off luggage and head back into the city since we only get that day. What's the earliest that the Barcelona port starts taking in luggage?

Edited by dbdb

22 minutes ago, dbdb said:

Hello! Just want to make sure nothings changed in the last two months. Flying in on Sunday morning, want to drop off luggage and head back into the city since we only get that day. What's the earliest that the Barcelona port starts taking in luggage?

I don't  find this a good option in many cases.   If a hotel will store,  most activities in Barcelona are more accessible there rather than back and forth to the dock.    Determine,  what you are doing,  then perhaps consider the most convenient and time saving option.    

I always use the Port bus,  since I say near La Rambla.    (ease of proximity to both airport and port buses.  :)   )   

6 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

I don't  find this a good option in many cases.   If a hotel will store,  most activities in Barcelona are more accessible there rather than back and forth to the dock.

Hotels would store luggage even if we're not staying? Will be landing 9am for a 6pm (4pm, really) embarkation. I also saw that some app Bag BNB was suggested, which I'll be looking in to. 

Edited by dbdb

3 minutes ago, dbdb said:

Hotels would store luggage even if we're not staying? Will be landing 9am for a 6pm (4pm, really) embarkation. I also saw that some app Bag BNB was suggested, which I'll be looking in to. 

I'm sorry,  I made the wrong assumption you at a hotel.    No,  you have to be checked into a hotel for luggage storage.     Again,  I suggest you figure out what you are going to do first.   How you you getting to the port?    Then how/where are you touring?     I've heard of a tour service that offers airport start,   then luggage stays with you,   tour at common sights for a few hours then dropped at ship.   Perhaps do a google search?    I am always independent.   

• Thanks 1