FORT LAUDERDALE BOAT SHOW

From the information that I can collect, it seems that the Fort Lauderdale boat show is an annual event during the last weekend in October.  We are considering a cruise leaving Nov 1.  Other than increased hotel prices,  does the boat show disrupt the city in other ways?  We usually stay at the Riverside Hotel one night pre-cruise if that makes a difference.

There will be increased traffic on A1A between Las Olas and 17th Street. Restaurants in the area may be a little busier. Parking along the beach and in the lots near the show may be crowded. (I would not expect the garage behind the Riverside to be affected). The water taxi may run an altered schedule.

The dates this year are Oct 30 to November 3 (they changed it from the last weekend in October to the first weekend in November a few years ago).  If you are planning to take the water taxi (www.watertaxi.com) during your visit their schedule changes during the boat show since it is a main means of transportation for attendees.

Hahaha!  Boat Show is over Halloween again!  They changed it a few years back because all the yachties were partying their asses off and couldn't report to duty.

It's a great party, buy a ticket and go if you've got time.

I don't think we've missed it in 15 years or so.