Automatic Follow Feature No Longer Working

I used to be automatically subscribed to receive email alerts on new posting in a thread after I’d posted in it - that function has stopped working 

I can subscribe manually to follow a thread but I’d like that to happen automagically 

Is this a known issue they’re working on?

Edit - and when I start a thread like this one it doesn’t automatically enrol me to Follow it and get alerted to new posts 

Edited by Stickman1990

Check your Notification Settings.

image.png.3c60a1103dd505352dc7ac5100d843d1.png

image.png.e52400857fefff7ec2c0fc053b8da707.png

If you make changes, remember to click on Save.

image.png.e14706008d659eda0d7bd21ad5301941.png

Also check the settings below the first Save button. If you make any changes in those settings there is another Save button at the bottom.

Thanks

The option boxes for notifications had become unchecked - not something I’d done and they’ve been working since the site upgrade when I set them - that will resolve it 

I suspect the systems hiccuped and lost the settings in profiles - if so others may find this thread useful

40 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

... - if so others may find this thread useful

There are other threads. Here is one that mentions some:

Edited by TxCityKat
additional info
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2019 at 3:59 AM, Stickman1990 said:

The option boxes for notifications had become unchecked - not something I’d done and they’ve been working since the site upgrade when I set them - that will resolve it 

I suspect the systems hiccuped and lost the settings in profiles - if so others may find this thread useful

One of the bits of work recently done did seem to have the effect of resetting individual members' notification settings back to the default.

I just checked my Notification Settings and found that the Automatically Follow Content settings had been reset.

It would be interesting to learn if this reset was site wide or just a few users. 

1 minute ago, Harvey18 said:

The only question is when will Cruise Critic correct the problem?

You can fix it yourself - follow the instructions in post 2

I can’t see CC doing a blanket reset of everyone’s settings - the answer is in your hands 

3 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

You can fix it yourself - follow the instructions in post 2

I can’t see CC doing a blanket reset of everyone’s settings - the answer is in your hands 

Cruise Critic checked my settings and wrote all was okay. I just went to the Roll Calls for notifications and I, hopefully, reset them. The correct box at the top was checked, Perhaps I should uncheck the box that says let others see the nofifications???

Harvey